Dolphins Backed Out Of James For Cj Anderson Trade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Backed Out Of James For Cj Anderson Trade

Ummm... what?

I guess if I'm thinking objectively finding a rb is easier than ol
True Dat!

I would have as well. I'm sure Miami was asking for a swap in the first round picks as well (11 for 5 swap), just not leaked. That would have made more sense and probably would have been the deal maker.

while I agree that a RT is harder to find, keep on mind we might lose James after this year

The NFL has become a year to year sport. Teams change from one year to the next more than ever (ie: Rams). Next year is next year, if we don't have James, plus the release of Kiko and Branch, those 3 alone would create around 25 million $. Now that would be a good start to the '19 season.

What makes you say that?

Because your less likely to back out if additional compensation isn't the issue. Determining the exact value of James vs Anderson and a pick is harder than a straight up comparison.

Denver on the fence with re-signing Anderson when they matched our offer. It's hard to believe this was ever a straight up deal. I'd bet we were going to receive a 5th or 6th and then Miami realized how hard it is to find an OL.

Because your less likely to back out if additional compensation isn't the issue. Determining the exact value of James vs Anderson and a pick is harder than a straight up comparison.

Denver on the fence with re-signing Anderson when they matched our offer. It's hard to believe this was ever a straight up deal. I'd bet we were going to receive a 5th or 6th and then Miami realized how hard it is to find an OL.
Ah, got it. Thanks Ghost. Was just wondering.

If this were true...I sure as heck would have hoped Ross would have **** canned Tannenbum and anyone else affiliated with even entertaining an abysmal trade like this.
I seriously hope this is NOT true.

If this were true...I sure as heck would have hoped Ross would have **** canned Tannenbum and anyone else affiliated with even entertaining an abysmal trade like this.
I seriously hope this is NOT true.
Did you not read the end of this thread?

Perhaps you should watch him play yourself and decide?

I do watch, but on TV it's hard to see much of anything. I do know that Miami has had poor overall o-line play ever since Philbin wanted finesse linemen to execute his zone-blocking schemes. However, Philbin's o-line allowed Tannehill to be sacked more than any other QB over a 4 year period, and their run-blocking was below average. Too many times the RB was hit in the backfield due to poor blocking. Enter Gase, and he wanted the same style of offense and kept most of Philbin's o-linemen. (I wanted every single one of them replaced!!!) Thomas and Turner were the two worst Guards in the NFL for the 2015 season, yet they were still on the roster (and starting) to open the 2016 season. Apparently, no one on the team could find any Guards that were better than Thomas and Turner.

They've had numerous changes at both Guard positions and Tunsil replaced Albert at LT. But, these so-called "anchors" of the line (Tunsil, Pouncey, and James) don't seem very strong at all. Under both Philbin and Gase, Miami's o-line has been consistently dominated by tough, physical d-lines. PFF had Miami's o-line listed at #29 overall for the 2017 season, and the worst at run-blocking. Sorry, but IMO if your offense has trouble converting 3rd and 1 on the ground somewhat consistently or doesn't have the ability to run out the clock on the ground when holding a lead, then your o-line sucks. I don't care if everyone says it's a passing league; if you can't run or stop the run you won't be successful.

I agree that the O line must get better for this team to do anything. James plays well at times, not so well at others. All of our guy's do that. To have any offensive consistency you have to have the O line play better. Maybe with the addition of Sitton and a C who can practice during the week, these first round bookends will play up to their potential.

Anderson just got released per Rotoworld

Broncos released C.J. Anderson.

This move had been coming. Denver tried to trade Anderson earlier this offseason and even reportedly agreed in principle to a deal which would have sent him to Miami before the Dolphins pulled out. With Anderson out the door, Denver will turn to Devontae Booker and De'Angelo Henderson in the backfield, although it is likely they add another back in the draft. Just 27 and coming off a 1,000-yard season, Anderson should find several suitors on the open market.

Back
Top Bottom