Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They?

I have an app that spits out NFL Rumours. Literally EVERY team has them and the teams at the top of the draft have tons. Everyone is smoke screening, not hard to see

I think in this draft that pick #11 is a very good spot for us to be in:

1) There are enough good prospects that one will be available at #11, especially with all the potential early QB selections that are being talked about.
2) Our current roster will be able to be able to make use of a BPA without regard to the position they play.
3) I understand there is a significant drop in contract cost for a player at 11 as opposed to the top ten draft positions.
4) We are high enough to get offers to trade back, which could be of real value in improving the our teams roster.
5) If the front office sees value in trading up a few spots, we are in a reasonable position to be able to do that.

In conclusion, we can do very well just staying where we are, are still high enough to be a desirable trade partner if another team wants to trade up and we have the flexibility to make a short move up if an opportunity presents itself.

The draft can't start too soon for me!

You know how it is this time of year. Rumors are abundant as are smoke screens. I would tend to agree with you but it depends on who the Broncos like as a QB. The Giants may want to trade down but I doubt they want to go as low as 12 with Buffalo and miss out on their guy at the top. Barkley or Chubb. Then again if Cleveland takes Allen, they could grab Darnold.

They could also trade down to 5 with Denver and still get that same player. They (Den) only have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds but they have two 4th's and three 5ths but would likely have to give up a high pick in 2019 in addition.

I suspect the Browns will take Darnold and the Giants will not get a shot at him though. I think the Browns floated it out there they like Allen just to get someone to try and trade up for a QB so they can land Barkley or Chubb at 4.

All speculation as I have been sifting through a lot of rumors.

Which is why at a certain point you have to just shut down. Every team has gone into full hiberation mode. Anything anyone reads the next 80+ hours is BS. PFT is struggling to come up with anything worth calling news.

At this point, it's time to start focusing on what your menu will be Thursday, which channel you will be watching and who will be allowed in the same room as you.

Which is why at a certain point you have to just shut down. Every team has gone into full hiberation mode. Anything anyone reads the next 80+ hours is BS. PFT is struggling to come up with anything worth calling news.

At this point, it's time to start focusing on what your menu will be Thursday, which channel you will be watching and who will be allowed in the same room as you.

LOL. Not possible for me. I can't wait until Thursday. I took Friday off and am hosting my annual draft/pool party. Green Tea shots for everyone. Unfortunately I will be with Panther, Saints & Cardinal fans. Better than Pats/Bills/jets though.

We should trade tannehill now that he hasnt played a down after the injury. Because when he plays a few downs and gets hurt again he will be not be worth a penny.

Draft a qb please......If we draft a qb at least we will know we tried.

Posted this in another thread but seems appropriate here too - PFT had a write up about us vs Bills moving up:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/22/will-bills-or-dolphins-jump-jets-for-mayfield/

It looks out of reach....A guy in the comment field of PFT article posted this....I didn't look up all the values to see if everything is correct but it looks legit:

"It would cost them a ton of picks to move up. How come none of these writers do the research and see what it would take to move up that many spots. Here you go:
Using the “draft value” chart that every GM uses as a reference:
2nd pick = 2,600
3rd pick = 2,200

Jets traded 6 (1,600), 37th (530), 49th (410) and 2019 2nd (500?) = approx 3,000. That’s 800 more than equal fair value.

Bills have 12(1200), 22 (780), 53 (370), 56 (340), 65 (265), 96 (116), 121 (52), 158 (28.2), 166 (25) = 3196. They would need come up with around 3400 points by packaging both this years firsts, both seconds, both thirds and throw in next years 1st (approx. 800?) to get there. Basically mortgaging the farm! It would be a huge risk.

Phins have 11(1250), 42(480), 73(225), 123 (49), 131(41). That’s 2,045 for 1st thru 4th rounders. Count them out unless they plan to give up all of next years top 2 picks as well."

Obviously the amount we'd have to give depend on where we'd want to jump to but even going to #6 would be very pricey and cost us future picks.

Last edited:
We should trade tannehill now that he hasnt played a down after the injury. Because when he plays a few downs and gets hurt again he will be not be worth a penny.

Draft a qb please......If we draft a qb at least we will know we tried.

That's a double edged sword.....may not be able to get much for him because he's been out over a year and coming back off injury.....conversely, if he plays a whole season and does ok his trade value would be worth more after the '18 season. Plus, most teams who are looking for a QB now are going to wait and see how the draft shakes out first.

Smoke screens are like bluffs in poker, good in moderation. But if you are always bluffing and never betting your good hands then its stupid. Now that we've already "bluffed" and drafted guys we never met with its OK to just meet with the guys you actually want to draft.

And my prediction is Buffalo gives up the farm to get to number two.

LOL. Not possible for me. I can't wait until Thursday. I took Friday off and am hosting my annual draft/pool party. Green Tea shots for everyone. Unfortunately I will be with Panther, Saints & Cardinal fans. Better than Pats/Bills/jets though.

This is the first year that I can remember that I will be watching the draft by myself, essentially. My brother moved to Tarpon Springs and he along with all the Eagles fan I know don't have as strong an interest in the draft as they've had in previous years.....I wonder why? We've had a draft party going back to the 90's, it was a tradition. Although when the draft format changed so did the party format.

I'll be watching with my 15 month old son and 64 year old dad for the first round, both of whom will likely before the Dolphins pick and neither of which has a clue about who any of these players are (although my dad knows Saquan Barkley because he's from my hometown). I usually have so much to say that having a baby who can't talk and a dad who loves soccer, as much as I love football, is the perfect combination of listener's.

Good thing is, I don't have to worry about BBQing and buying a bunch of beer and can probably just focus all my attention on the actual draft.

Friday night a cousin of mine is hosting a poker party/draft party so I can sit there and tell all these Eagles fans how great the 11th overall pick is about to be.

This is the first year that I can remember that I will be watching the draft by myself, essentially. My brother moved to Tarpon Springs and he along with all the Eagles fan I know don't have as strong an interest in the draft as they've had in previous years.....I wonder why? We've had a draft party going back to the 90's, it was a tradition. Although when the draft format changed so did the party format.

I'll be watching with my 15 month old son and 64 year old dad for the first round, both of whom will likely before the Dolphins pick and neither of which has a clue about who any of these players are (although my dad knows Saquan Barkley because he's from my hometown). I usually have so much to say that having a baby who can't talk and a dad who loves soccer, as much as I love football, is the perfect combination of listener's.

Good thing is, I don't have to worry about BBQing and buying a bunch of beer and can probably just focus all my attention on the actual draft.

Friday night a cousin of mine is hosting a poker party/draft party so I can sit there and tell all these Eagles fans how great the 11th overall pick is about to be.

I will be watching close by Tarpon Springs (St. Pete). There is a slight chance I may end up in Dallas. One of my guests (from Arkansas) who will be at my party is Jerry Jones cousin and he usually goes to events like this...

They went to the HOF induction for Jerry as his guest last year (all expenses paid) with All-Access passes as well as the party with Justin Timberlake. His sister (lawyer) is an assistant of JJones.

So...if we get the call, I will abandon the rest of my guests while I hang out in Jerry Jones suite at AT&T Stadium. Sorry guys...LOL

PS: I've already been given the ok to wear my Dolphins gear.

I will be watching close by Tarpon Springs (St. Pete). There is a slight chance I may end up in Dallas. One of my guests (from Arkansas) who will be at my party is Jerry Jones cousin and he usually goes to events like this...

They went to the HOF induction for Jerry as his guest last year (all expenses paid) with All-Access passes as well as the party with Justin Timberlake. His sister (lawyer) is an assistant of JJones.

So...if we get the call, I will abandon the rest of my guests while I hang out in Jerry Jones suite at AT&T Stadium. Sorry guys...LOL

PS: I've already been given the ok to wear my Dolphins gear.

Sounds like a blast. If not for the VIP access, I don't think I'd be interested.

Everyone I know wanted to go to the draft last year because it was in Philly. They all assumed because I love the draft so much that I would've actually wanted to stand in a crowd with 250,000 other people wondering where I can safely take a leak.

I need computers, tv screens, snacks and a bathroom.

Sounds like a blast. If not for the VIP access, I don't think I'd be interested.

Everyone I know wanted to go to the draft last year because it was in Philly. They all assumed because I love the draft so much that I would've actually wanted to stand in a crowd with 250,000 other people wondering where I can safely take a leak.

I need computers, tv screens, snacks and a bathroom.

Same here. I'd almost rather just stay at home. I don't really care about hobnobbing with celebrities. I really don't care about other teams obnoxious fans who think they know what's better between Ricky Williams and Donovan McNabb. LOL. Neither is my element but I would have to go just to say I did. Last time my buddy went, Jerry sent his private jet so....

Especially with Friday off, I will be on the Gulf of Mexico anyway.

Back
Top Bottom