Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They?

Drafting one of the top QB's definitely buys Gase more time as a coach. He can plead if he has a bad season that he just got his "guy" and needs a few seasons to develop him.

Would you be more upset if we passed on a all pro QB or All pro LB/S/DT? The former is much more diffulct to find and can lead to superbowls.

I'm not saying that these QBs in this years draft will all become pro bowl type QBs, but it's kind like the lottery, you can't win or hit on one if you dont get one.

I'm not going to be upset either way. I don't look back at past draft's thinking what could've been. Just about every team passes on an All-Pro QB no fewer than once every 3 to 4 years.

No one ever reminds you they liked Kyle Boller. Just Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.

One ACL injury isn't going to make me rip up the lottery ticket I already won with.

And I'm pretty sure the Browns regret not pulling the trigger on Wentz or Watson.

And they regret taking Couch, Manziel, Weeden, Quinn, and Kizer. Let's not use Cleveland as example of doing anything. If you think Wentz has the same success in Cleveland, I've got a bridge to sell you.

And they regret taking Couch, Manziel, Weeden, Quinn, and Kizer. Let's not use Cleveland as example of doing anything. If you think Wentz has the same success in Cleveland, I've got a bridge to sell you.

:laugh you keep reaching and completely twist everything I post. We get it, you have a man crush on Tannehill.

:laugh you keep reaching and completely twist everything I post. We get it, you have a man crush on Tannehill.

I didn't twist anything. I merely balanced the reward of taking a QB that you pointed out with the risk. Looking at one without the other is one-sided and paints a false picture of drafting QBs. Sorry you irrational Tannehill hatred blinds you of the truth.

I didn't twist anything. I merely balanced the reward of taking a QB that you pointed out with the risk. Looking at one without the other is one-sided and paints a false picture of drafting QBs. Sorry you irrational Tannehill hatred blinds you of the truth.

you realize that any position you draft is taking a risk of becoming a bust right?

Elite QBs dont just appear on rosters, teams have to make an effort to get them on their rosters.

You are a play it safe kinda guy who punts on 4th and 1 at the 50 yard line and I like to go for it and play to win. We will never agree on this.

you realize that any position you draft is taking a risk of becoming a bust right?

Elite QBs dont just appear on rosters, teams have to make an effort to get them on their rosters.

You are a play it safe kinda guy who punts on 4th and 1 at the 50 yard line and I like to go for it and play to win. We will never agree on this.

That's the only thing you've written that I agree with.

It has nothing to do with being a "play it safe kinda guy". I have a higher opinion of Tannehill than you. We have a starting QB. Drafting a second that is not likely to better than the one we have isn't smart.

Word on Bleacher Report is Jets to pick Mayfield is a done deal

If we were hell bent on drafting one, the qb I would want us to trade up for is Mayfield. Knowing the jets are already feeling they’ve got the deal sealed on him, stealing him from them, via the Giants no less, would take away a lot of the sting of losing the requisite picks in this and next years draft. 11 + 42 + 2019 2nd enough to get to 2?

Last edited:
and fwiw I do believe tannehill can be a good qb, right around 12-16th +/- 2 best qb in the league. But we can all agree he doesn’t have super star potential, right? The discussion regarding qb value to a super bowl team is valid I guess, there have sporadically been shitty qbs to win SBs. I prefer the idea of having a qb that can potentially carry a team on his back. Also consider that having a rookie qb (even one drafted high) would be paid a lot less that tannehill, freeing up money for other positions, though I’m not clear on tannehills cap hit situation.

Rosen, i’d draft him if he slips to us

I believe the Dolphins lack the ammo to move up, in fact, we should be thinking about moving down about 5 spots imo. I think the 14 to 18 pick rage is the sweet spot of value in this draft.

If we draft a QB in the 1st there is definitely risk, who knows could take 7+ years for that player to develop.

Take it for what its worth but according to Omar its a bad class overall. Like second rounders this year would be third or fourth rounders in some other drafts. Then he goes on to say because of that if you love a guy you should move up because there's not much talent in the draft. I totally disagree with that thinking. In bad drafts the best thing you can do is try to get picks for next years draft. And on top of that because the flavor of the month is moving up for QBs its going to cost even more to move up this year. It would be a disaster to give up a 2019 first to move up for this years version of Dion Jordan.

I saw Omar posting that but I have to strongly disagree. He was way over the top on his reaction after sifting through "tape" for about a week or so...He is always asked about talent in the draft and his response is along the lines of..."I haven't gotten there yet" because he waits until 2 weeks before the draft to even start watching prospects. He also admits to NOT even watching college football.

He was also called out by some other well know evaluators.

This may not be the 2014 draft (stacked with All Pro defensive talent) but from where we sit, we are in a good position to get some real talent for once.

Other assessments I have heard talk about the talent from 22 to 52 being very similar but there are still blue chippers in our range. Depending on who is available, a trade down may net us another top 52 pick so we can stock up on three players instead of just two.

I don't think the depth is there at DL & LB (beyond 50) but it seems pretty deep at FS, CB & interior OL. Just my two cents.

I don't think you have to worry about that scenario.

Pick 42 will be catching passes from Ryan Tannehill.

You know how it is this time of year. Rumors are abundant as are smoke screens. I would tend to agree with you but it depends on who the Broncos like as a QB. The Giants may want to trade down but I doubt they want to go as low as 12 with Buffalo and miss out on their guy at the top. Barkley or Chubb. Then again if Cleveland takes Allen, they could grab Darnold.

They could also trade down to 5 with Denver and still get that same player. They (Den) only have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds but they have two 4th's and three 5ths but would likely have to give up a high pick in 2019 in addition.

I suspect the Browns will take Darnold and the Giants will not get a shot at him though. I think the Browns floated it out there they like Allen just to get someone to try and trade up for a QB so they can land Barkley or Chubb at 4.

All speculation as I have been sifting through a lot of rumors.

Back
Top Bottom