Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They?

going 8-8 sucks regardless, who cares if our QB is ranked high at one throwing statistic? While it's very hard to do there absolutely zero argument that finding a talented QB is the quickest way to transform a team. Sure we need LB help right now and we can help try and fill that hole in the draft, but guess what? Maybe next year we'll need Oline help and the year after that D line help. There are always going to be holes on a team but as long as you have a stud QB you can manage them much better.

I know i'm preaching to the choir to most people but it's baffling how people haven't picked up on the fact that teams are consistently successful in the league unless they have an above average QB.

Go ahead and call out all of the anomalies you'd like.

I think we wall agree we're going to be a better team next season and more than likely won't be picking this low again ( I pray), if there's an opportunity at 5 or 6 to hop up and grab someone we like for a fair price, i think we should take it.

Overreaching for a QB that ends up not being elite is worse and can set your franchise back for years and year.

Also talk of Miami and Denver in talks about moving to 5. Giving up 11 & 42 for a guy who won't see the field in 2018 does not excite me at all.

Also talk of Miami and Denver in talks about moving to 5. Giving up 11 & 42 for a guy who won't see the field in 2018 does not excite me at all.

I don't think you have to worry about that scenario.

Pick 42 will be catching passes from Ryan Tannehill.

The Bills have too much ammo to be able to outbid them, without giving up picks in 2019. The Patriots also have enough to potentially outbid Miami as well. I will literally lose my already lost mind to some serious dope, if Tannenbaum trades away picks in 2019.
If you aren’t going to make the move, might as well try to make others in the division have to increase their bid to move up.

Tanny for a two 7th round picks.Make it happen.
Tongue in cheek or head up ass??

If the former - props on masterfully satirizing some of the moronic comments that masquerade as "insight." If the latter- try an enema to clear your mind

Statistically speaking, the probability that the top rated DT is better than the 3rd or 4th rated QB is very likely.

If the goal is to achieve the highest quality player for the duration of his career, it seems like a wiser decision to draft Vea.

Keep up the good work.

The problem with this statement is that team / everyone here has a different order on every player, so our #11 is their #1 (Mayfield anyone?). From a doing what will likely have a more positive and immediate impact on the team perspective , you are also 100% correct. And while it's clearly true taking the best QB is a huge win for the team, we don't know who will be best QB for a year or 3 and we don't get to draft with that luxury of that knowledge.

For the lunatic fringe crowd who believe it's ok to leave holes all over the team for years and keep drafting QB's until we get lucky, believe *their* guy is next Marino/Brady and who cares of 10 other teams don't see that, or just hate RT and think we simply can't win with him, you are wrong and will get flamed for your common sense look at the facts.

I am open to correction on this, but didn't the Jets get shafted with swapping their first this year and giving up 3 second to move up 3 spots? Just seems a bit steep to me.

In response:

A) Always the best idea to select BPA for area of need.....which QB for us is.

B) Funny how you tell others to "get over it" as it was a joke but you have a conniption fit anytime someone sarcastically replies or jokes about Tannehill.

C) You're correct here, but only if you replace "Tannehaters" with "Tannelovers" in your sentence (IMO, of course).

D) Same here, but those cameras would be pointed at you and others when the Dolphins take a QB at 11 or move up.

quarterback is not a "position of need", back up quarterback is. Draft BPA, Nelson if we are lucky, one of the Lbers or Vita Vea at 11 and get a guy like Fales in the third or fourth. Its a very low football IQ move to trade multiple picks to get a huge question mark at QB or take a moron like Jackson or total project like Josh Allen at 11. If I have no QB like the Browns, Cardinals, Bills, or Jets or have a total fossil at QB like the Giants, and I have a shot at Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield, I'm doing it. You're over drafting but that's what it takes for that position. Tannehill was an over draft. RGIII was a HUUUUUGE over draft because of the picks spent...Those teams had NO QB, not a top half of the league talent.

Back
Top Bottom