Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They?

quarterback is not a "position of need", back up quarterback is. Draft BPA, Nelson if we are lucky, one of the Lbers or Vita Vea at 11 and get a guy like Fales in the third or fourth. Its a very low football IQ move to trade multiple picks to get a huge question mark at QB or take a moron like Jackson or total project like Josh Allen at 11. If I have no QB like the Browns, Cardinals, Bills, or Jets or have a total fossil at QB like the Giants, and I have a shot at Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield, I'm doing it. You're over drafting but that's what it takes for that position. Tannehill was an over draft. RGIII was a HUUUUUGE over draft because of the picks spent...Those teams had NO QB, not a top half of the league talent.
Whoa, where does that come from?o_O

Take it for what its worth but according to Omar its a bad class overall. Like second rounders this year would be third or fourth rounders in some other drafts. Then he goes on to say because of that if you love a guy you should move up because there's not much talent in the draft. I totally disagree with that thinking. In bad drafts the best thing you can do is try to get picks for next years draft. And on top of that because the flavor of the month is moving up for QBs its going to cost even more to move up this year. It would be a disaster to give up a 2019 first to move up for this years version of Dion Jordan.

I would move up for Mayfield, depending on the cost. He's my top quarterback.

I like Rosen, but concussions have to be a concern. Allen I would take at #11, but I wouldn't trade up. I think Cleveland takes him #1 overall.

I might take Lamar Jackson at #11 as a gamble on greatness pick. Pairing him with Gase could be a perfect fit.

I would move up for Mayfield, depending on the cost. He's my top quarterback.

I like Rosen, but concussions have to be a concern. Allen I would take at #11, but I wouldn't trade up. I think Cleveland takes him #1 overall.

I might take Lamar Jackson at #11 as a gamble on greatness pick. Pairing him with Gase could be a perfect fit.

We are on the same page except I’d trade up for Allen. I think Rosen might be one of the few picks in the first round that would make me nervous. I’d trust Gase and see how it plays out but I’ll be real happy once Rosen is off the board.

no no no no no. Stay at 11, and if all the d players are gone - Minkah, Smith, Van der esh, James, then look at trading down. But trading up for Mayfield, no no no no no.

Take it for what its worth but according to Omar its a bad class overall. Like second rounders this year would be third or fourth rounders in some other drafts. Then he goes on to say because of that if you love a guy you should move up because there's not much talent in the draft. I totally disagree with that thinking. In bad drafts the best thing you can do is try to get picks for next years draft. And on top of that because the flavor of the month is moving up for QBs its going to cost even more to move up this year. It would be a disaster to give up a 2019 first to move up for this years version of Dion Jordan.

Not sure I trust Omar's draft evaluation skills...

Not sure I trust Omar's draft evaluation skills...

I guess if you want WR’s and speed rushers it’s not a great draft but other than I’m happy with this class. It’s Omar trying to draw attention to himself. I booked marked his tweets about this draft class just for fun at the end of the season.

I don't think they have much ammo and not worth it gambling on a QB. They could have drafted Matt Ryan and instead drafted Jake Long, we wouldn't even be talking about this right now. They have so many holes to fill after releasing Landry, Suh and Pouncy...they need all the picks they can get....trade down for extra picks if anything.

Couldn't agree more, this is what an above average QB playing consistently looks like.

Week 6 October 16 Pittsburgh Steelers W
Week 7
October 23 Buffalo Bills W
Week 8
Bye
Week 9 November 6 New York Jets W
Week 10
November 13 at San Diego Chargers W
Week 11
November 20 at Los Angeles Rams W
Week 12
November 27 San Francisco 49ers W
Week 13
December 4 at Baltimore Ravens L
Week 14
December 11 Arizona Cardinals W

I know I know, it's not New England. But in 2013, 2014 and 2015 it was. How many QB's can say they've beaten Tom Brady 2 years in a row, let alone 3.

The very last time you saw Ryan Tannehill play he was 15/20 with 3 TD's in just over a half of play. Ajayi's 48 yards on 20 carries didn't help them much on that day.

So Tannehill managed to string together a few good weeks in one freaking season. It's still not good enough and he still hasn't proved enough. And he's been injured and hasn't played in forever.

I get that Tannehill isn't our biggest weakness but if we get an opportunity to draft a QB that could be better down the road than Tannehill then we have to pull the trigger. What happens if Tannehill gets hurt again or continues to be just average?

Would you be more upset if we passed on a all pro QB or All pro LB/S/DT? The former is much more diffulct to find and can lead to superbowls.

I'm not saying that these QBs in this years draft will all become pro bowl type QBs, but it's kind like the lottery, you can't win or hit on one if you dont get one.

But Gase and tannenbaum need to make a move in this years draft if they want to improve the QB position to get over the hump or they will be stuck in mediocrity. Especially if Gase really likes one of the QBs, go get him and just stop the inevitable already.

Overreaching for a QB that ends up not being elite is worse and can set your franchise back for years and year.

Likewise, passing on a QB can do the same. Things could have been different if we drafted Drew Brees in 2001 or Aaron Rodgers in 2005. Maybe the Eagles dont win the superbowl this past year with Nick Foles starting all year (they traded up for Wentz) and maybe the rams are still spinning their tires if they didn't trade up for Goff. And I'm pretty sure the Browns regret not pulling the trigger on Wentz or Watson.

If you want to win in the NFL, you have make bold moves/decisions. We have been playing "not to lose" for far too long.

So we understand the risks but at this point what do we have to lose?

Likewise, passing on a QB can do the same. Things could have been different if we drafted Drew Brees in 2001 or Aaron Rodgers in 2005. Maybe the Eagles dont win the superbowl this past year with Nick Foles starting all year (they traded up for Wentz) and maybe the rams are still spinning their tires if they didn't trade up for Goff. And I'm pretty sure the Browns regret not pulling the trigger on Wentz or Watson.

If you want to win in the NFL, you have make bold moves/decisions. We have been playing "not to lose" for far too long.

So we understand the risks but at this point what do we have to lose?
you have to be careful with what 'bold" moves you make. We made a bold move to get Suh and that was a horrible "bold" move. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make

you have to be careful with what 'bold" moves you make. We made a bold move to get Suh and that was a horrible "bold" move. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make

Like I said, I understand the risks. But we literally have nothing to lose. I'm not going to lose sleep if we finish the season 5-11 as opposed to finishing the season with another 8-8 record.

We have to at least try to get better and the NFL is a QB league and Tannehill is replaceable by NFL winning standards

don't know
i would move up only for mayfield, but it seems very probable that the jets will choose him at 3.
That means we give a lot to the giants

I really don't like Rosen, not as a player in particular , but his character

Being the Dolphins, wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them trade up to the 6th pick...and then select a defensive end.

Back
Top Bottom