Dolphins @ Chargers post game discussion (Tua > Herbert) | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins @ Chargers post game discussion (Tua > Herbert)

Question about PI against Ezukanma just before the half. As with all of us here, I was laughing my ass off about the PI, and how it basically gave us 3 points as long as Sanders did his job. I think it was Jackson who committed the PI. At first, I thought it was a boneheaded play, but was it something different? Was Jackson beaten and committed the PI to prevent a TD?

From my POV in the stadium Herbert is very difficult to defend schematically

I think Fangio kept two safeties back because he was legit scared of that arm.

I thought Moore managed the game very well with hurry up getting the dolphins defense out of position several times

He runs when you have everything covered well

I thought the last drive was more about us executing and getting free runners at him then him failing
Herbert had one explosive passing play that I remember. It worked.

Question about PI against Ezukanma just before the half. As with all of us here, I was laughing my ass off about the PI, and how it basically gave us 3 points as long as Sanders did his job. I think it was Jackson who committed the PI. At first, I thought it was a boneheaded play, but was it something different? Was Jackson beaten and committed the PI to prevent a TD?

Definitely not, it was just a real dumb penalty by Jackson

If you look at replay, EZE would have had a chance to get up and get it. It was a good play

Speaking of EZ, apparently McD was asked about lining him up in the backfield, and McD started talking about his "unique skill set" and that's why it was a natural to do that (i did not listen, i just read the recap).

we know McD loved utilizing Deebo, and that there aren't really any Deebo's in the league to do those things with.

i shouldn't be surprised that he is trying to use EZ in unique ways, but until it happened i didn't really give it much thought.

could he become our version of Cordarrelle Patterson, Deebo, and any other uniquely used WR?

EZ is 6'2" 206. Deebo is 6'0" 216. Patterson is 6'2" 220.

another thing he mentioned.

he doesn't call the plays the way he called them if he didn't think the line would keep tua clean long enough to execute them (specifically the time out and the 9 second FG drive before half).

all the criticism of past play calling - i could tell when we were deliberately not calling the majority of the playbook because the QB was being harangued on every dropback.

if McD gets it in his head that there is going to be a clean pocket no matter what he calls, look out!

of course, then it is on the OL to make it happen.

What was really impressive is how fast the plays were called. A far cry from last year!!
They also changed the motions they used. Last season the player would go in motion from the opposite side. That added time before the snap so if they weren't lined up soon enough they couldn't run through their pre-snap motions.

In this game they used a ton of same side motion. That didn't change how fast the plays were called (which was clearly faster), but it did shorten the time from lining up to snap.

It also had IMO more important impacts in terms of preventing press on the motion receivers and interfering with the defensive shifts.

They also changed the motions they used. Last season the player would go in motion from the opposite side. That added time before the snap so if they weren't lined up soon enough they couldn't run through their pre-snap motions.

In this game they used a ton of same side motion. That didn't change how fast the plays were called (which was clearly faster), but it did shorten the time from lining up to snap.

It also had IMO more important impacts in terms of preventing press on the motion receivers and interfering with the defensive shifts.
i always got the sense that McD was always looking to call the perfectionist play for whatever down/distance/personnel/etc. he was confronted with, at the expense of cutting it close with the clock.

either gotta think faster, or let that go, bro! (which i think he has)

Back
Top Bottom