Dolphins @ Chargers post game discussion (Tua > Herbert) | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins @ Chargers post game discussion (Tua > Herbert)

Me too! Feels like something special has arrived.

side note: what do you think happened w run D?

Light boxes, new scheme, great OL, great scheme by LAC, great running by the backs. I think the LB's were in the wrong gaps on some of the runs.

I think Miami should probably bring I'm another big DL or two, but I expect it to get better with experience. They did limit Herbert, and if the Run D was just average instead of awful, it would have been a long day for the LAC offense. I expect them to reach average-ish against the run sooner than later. Pass D already looks good overall, but it should also improve.

The defense played 76 plays. It looks like Phillips is exhausted. I know he laid it all on the line and that sack on the last play was huge. I am pretty sure the D are all saying to themselves, Man we have got to get some stops and get off that damn field. LOL!

He played his butt off with many pressures and that sack to end the game

Glad he's on my team

One thing I noticed was our D hardly ever moved pre snap unlike last year

Miss the amoeba D where you never knew who was coming

It was bad. Bad bad.

But why? It's basically the same unit as last year. Long looked great all off season and pre season too. Gotta figure not every team will give us this much trouble. But you know the pats will be looking to run the ball down our throats too
The run defense was bad, but the Matt Infante 'this is the worst run defense I've seen in a long, long time' says to me he doesn't watch much football.

Food for thought: the defense that the Dolphins played against was the highest salaried defense in the league.

Tua is #1 this week without a doubt and most likely headed for a mvp season, maybe comeback player of the year after last year. :woot:

Food for thought part 2: Tyreek Hill caught 11 passes on 15 targets for 215 yards.....AND he was on the sideline for 15 plays that we threw the ball. So he was on the field for 31 pass attempts and he was targeted on 15 of them.

Back
Top Bottom