Dolphins chose QB Josh Freeman over QB Matt Barkley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins chose QB Josh Freeman over QB Matt Barkley

in a pinch i'd rather have freeman step in over barkley anyway....barkley needs reps and lots of em, he's looked lost as hell everytime i've seen him step on the field.

Dianna Marie Russini ✔ @NBCdianna
Follow

Dolphins Mike Tannenbaum chose Josh Freeman over Matt Barkley. That was the delay in the Tebow signing. #eagles
8:04 AM - 20 Apr 2015

https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/590169112933961728
If either had to start for an extended period of time, we`d be looking at getting the best option at giving us a better draft pick... It was a good decision regardless as I feel Freeman would give us the best chance to Win a game in which Tannehill has to miss the rest of the game but isnt out for the rest of the season... If Tannehill ends up on IR, both Barkeley and Freeman net us a high pick IMO...

Did they release Barkley? We would have had to trade for Barkley and we gave Freeman peanuts.

We have Moore on the roster, so both are unnecessary but the one that doesn't cost us a pick is obviously the better choice.

If we are definitely keeping three quarterbacks, I would have rathered Barkley. But if they are only going to keep 2 on the final 53, there is no point giving up a draft pick for Barkley.

Matt Barkley was originally seen as the clear number 2 behind Andrew Luck. He then decided to go back for his senior year of college. Looked like he'd be the consensus 1st overall pick in 2014. But us underperformed he got hurt and some attitude issues turned teams away.

What a fall from grace

Not sure why people act like Tannebaum is the one making these decisions.
Personally I hope not because at some point if Hickey gets fired we could be penalized by league for basically lying about his role

Matt Barkley was originally seen as the clear number 2 behind Andrew Luck. He then decided to go back for his senior year of college. Looked like he'd be the consensus 1st overall pick in 2014. But us underperformed he got hurt and some attitude issues turned teams away.

What a fall from grace
yeah, there was a time some even considered him a number 1 QB.

Would much prefer Barkley but wouldnt trade

Back
Top Bottom