Dolphins claim former Bears TE/FB Evan Rodriguez | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim former Bears TE/FB Evan Rodriguez

Oh really??? Does Green Bay who is the model I think Miami wants to mirror employ a lead blocking fb only??? They run mostly single back sets and pass to run.

Yeah, but there's this guy called Aaron something... There's a huge difference between following a system and imitating a team. Imitations fail because they don't account for differences. If we want to be successful, we'd make ourselves a huge favor by being able to run in short and goal line situations.

I wonder if Javorski Lane showed up to camp at 300lbs, which he was rumored to be at after college

I wonder if Javorski Lane showed up to camp at 300lbs, which he was rumored to be at after college

I think it has more to do with he's not a good blocker. I give him a lot of props for getting himself into shape to make an NFL roster, but in college he was always a scat back in a FBs body.

FWIW also, while Philbin was OC for Green Bay he tried pure blocking FBs a couple times; first with Korey Hall then drafting Quinn Johnson. Neither option worked out well so they moved towards more blocking oriented TEs. Sherman used William Henderson when he was HC in Green Bay and he tried to use FBs at A&M.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/60097/dolphins-minicamp-notes-vonta-leach

If Clay keeps this up, nobody will be able to make a case for him anymore.

still doesn't point to any leach comes here clay goes stuff...not the same type of player...different skill set...and i really don't see any value in james walkers analysis...having said that reports today are that clay tore it up this afternoon catching everything his way...not that i take much out of it...no full pads nothing really to see

still doesn't point to any leach comes here clay goes stuff...not the same type of player...different skill set...and i really don't see any value in james walkers analysis...having said that reports today are that clay tore it up this afternoon catching everything his way...not that i take much out of it...no full pads nothing really to see
catching the football is always better to see than them dropping it, whether they're in pads, shorts or skirts.
:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom