Dolphins claim former Bears TE/FB Evan Rodriguez | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim former Bears TE/FB Evan Rodriguez

Even if you're a passing team, you need to be able to run in short-yardage situations

definately a guy we should have passed on. So let me see we dont draft Dez Bryant because of his family's past but we sign this bum. I am always of opinion u dont sign all choir boys but why waste time on such a below average player with a troubled past but no real risk so not much to complain about but just perplexing

definately a guy we should have passed on. So let me see we dont draft Dez Bryant because of his family's past but we sign this bum. I am always of opinion u dont sign all choir boys but why waste time on such a below average player with a troubled past but no real risk so not much to complain about but just perplexing

Yea, taking a risk on someone via waivers and the first round of the draft is the same.

Yea, taking a risk on someone via waivers and the first round of the draft is the same.

Never said it was. This is a guy that has been arrested various times for different things such as dui, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct compared to Bryant who got kicked out of a mall for pant sagging and had bad parents but yea risking other peoples lives drunk driving is exactly the same thing lol. I mean damn he has only been arrested twice this year for alcohal related incidents

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

He loves Dez and brings his name into every thread he can.

Sent from my Nexus 4

i dont love Dez but he is better than any receiver on our roster

Vontae Leach would take guaranteed money to sign. I think this is mostly kicking the tires for camp bodies and competition at FB.

A blocking fb isn't gonna cost much. At least they better not cost must. If leach signs there's your comp for lane not Rodriguez but its still confusing cause leach offers nothing as a pass receiver and it doesn't lend to a heavy pass o

Even if you're a passing team, you need to be able to run in short-yardage situations

Oh really??? Does Green Bay who is the model I think Miami wants to mirror employ a lead blocking fb only??? They run mostly single back sets and pass to run.

If Leach is signed, there is no competition in camp. Land is gone. Rodriguez is gone. Clay is on a massive bubble.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Oh really??? Does Green Bay who is the model I think Miami wants to mirror employ a lead blocking fb only??? They run mostly single back sets and pass to run.

John Kuhn plays a huge role in the offense. I think Joe values a FB with some ability besides blocking.

If Leach is signed, there is no competition in camp. Land is gone. Rodriguez is gone. Clay is on a massive bubble.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

John Kuhn plays a huge role in the offense. I think Joe values a FB with some ability besides blocking.

Leach has no influence on clay. As for Kuhn outside of some spread formation runs up the middle on short yardage his value is all about as a receiver. The pack does not employ a true power set lead full back like the ravens did with leach

Miami would be wise to employ a guy like Kuhn for this up tempo spread u out o not a true lead battering ram. Thus leach does not make much sense to me

Leach has no influence on clay. As for Kuhn outside of some spread formation runs up the middle on short yardage his value is all about as a receiver. The pack does not employ a true power set lead full back like the ravens did with leach

I do not disagree at all that there are HUGE differences in what Baltimore does vs. Green Bay offensively. However, my point is Joe might envision Leach adding some to the team like Kuhn did. Leach would certainly give a physical presence.

You might be right on Clay...that Leach might not hurt his chances of making the team. However, I am right that Clay is on a BIG BUBBLE this summer. He should be renting. I like Clay. I think he has some value. He has demonstrated within the league he can make plays. He just disappears way too much. His other issue is he was drafted when Tony was at the helm. I really hope Clay sticks this summer.

A blocking fb isn't gonna cost much. At least they better not cost must. If leach signs there's your comp for lane not Rodriguez but its still confusing cause leach offers nothing as a pass receiver and it doesn't lend to a heavy pass o

My issue is that he was making 4 million with Baltimore I don't want to pay that much for a fb. I would rather roll over more cap space for next year. If he signs for little money I would be very happy with it, but it all comes down to dollars

I do not disagree at all that there are HUGE differences in what Baltimore does vs. Green Bay offensively. However, my point is Joe might envision Leach adding some to the team like Kuhn did. Leach would certainly give a physical presence.

You might be right on Clay...that Leach might not hurt his chances of making the team. However, I am right that Clay is on a BIG BUBBLE this summer. He should be renting. I like Clay. I think he has some value. He has demonstrated within the league he can make plays. He just disappears way too much. His other issue is he was drafted when Tony was at the helm. I really hope Clay sticks this summer.

Well if philbin or anyone for that matter thinks leach offers anything remotely close to this o that Kuhn brings to the table with the pack he's mistaken. And so should be any leach makes clay on the bubble stuff. Clays game fits this o with what he offers more than leach does. They are pretty much polar opposites as players. Leach signs javorskie lanes seat gets hot.

Still the point is if the o is meant to mirror the spread quick paced fast tempo ones in the league leach does not seem a good use of a spot. No true lead blocking fb does. To me it's a confusing move to put that on the 53

Back
Top Bottom