Dolphins claim former Bears TE/FB Evan Rodriguez | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim former Bears TE/FB Evan Rodriguez

Whilst the fb isnt key to packers current game, lets not forget philbin and Sherman both worked with leach in greenbay so they obviously saw something to like from him in a green bay system.

Well if philbin or anyone for that matter thinks leach offers anything remotely close to this o that Kuhn brings to the table with the pack he's mistaken. And so should be any leach makes clay on the bubble stuff. Clays game fits this o with what he offers more than leach does. They are pretty much polar opposites as players. Leach signs javorskie lanes seat gets hot.

Still the point is if the o is meant to mirror the spread quick paced fast tempo ones in the league leach does not seem a good use of a spot. No true lead blocking fb does. To me it's a confusing move to put that on the 53

No doubt on Lane. I wonder if he came in this offseason out of shape and not very hungry to improve. Obviously, I am speculating there.

Our assessments are different on Leach. Yes, he is a lead blocker first, but I think he has a skill set beyond a battering ram. Should be interesting what happens tomorrow.

Speaking of Clay, I just posted a Barry Jackson article that has sound bytes from Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill mentions...unsolicited btw...that Clay is a guy that can down the hash. I would hate to see the team give up on Clay this summer. However, Clay needs to do his part and take the next step.

My issue is that he was making 4 million with Baltimore I don't want to pay that much for a fb. I would rather roll over more cap space for next year. If he signs for little money I would be very happy with it, but it all comes down to dollars

He's not worth $4 mil per to us in this o. If that's the case it's an auto no. In this o I'm not sure he's worth half that. To me he's not. A battering ram in a power o is worth more than in ours

He's not worth $4 mil per to us in this o. If that's the case it's an auto no. In this o I'm not sure he's worth half that. To me he's not. A battering ram in a power o is worth more than in ours

I would say wherever he signs it will be closer to one million a year than four.

Whilst the fb isnt key to packers current game, lets not forget philbin and Sherman both worked with leach in greenbay so they obviously saw something to like from him in a green bay system.

and how long ago was that and why did green bay move on from a pro bowl worthy lead blocking fb???

anyways i watched plenty of leach in baltimore this past year he's a devastating lead blocking fb for ray rice but he has little to no pretty much nil pass catching versatility only thing he ever did was catch a ball in the flat for like 3 yards one a blue moon after flacco went through all his other read progressions and checked it down...the other thing he does is when he's on the field he gives away intentions a lot...thats ok if you have a smash mouth here it comes you know it i know it everyone knows it downhill running game like baltimore has had...kinda thing miami doesn't have or evidently if you believe all this miami wants to become a passing o is not looking to become

and how long ago was that and why did green bay move on from a pro bowl worthy lead blocking fb???

No idea but Sherman has been gone a while as well and I assume its his version of the GB system we are attempting to use.

I'm surprised the Bears made this move. I live in Chicago and have been hearing , on 670theScore for months about how thin the Bears are at TE and how they really wanted to give Rodriguez a bigger, better look this year in camp. I think this guy is totally a casualty of the new coach wanting to purge the roster as much as possible.

I'm surprised the Bears made this move. I live in Chicago and have been hearing , on 670theScore for months about how thin the Bears are at TE and how they really wanted to give Rodriguez a bigger, better look this year in camp. I think this guy is totally a casualty of the new coach wanting to purge the roster as much as possible.

He is a casuality of having no discipline and continually being arrested all the while being a very average to below average player

Strangely, I like this move. Though, I agree its purely for competition.

I like the flexibility/versatility the phins have at FB/H-back/TE.... see signing Tebow wasn't necessary.

If they truly want to clear holes for Lamar; they will sign Vonta Leach.

I had to hear this stuff about Clay. Inconsistent at "best".

Clay has to be the most frustrating player on the darn roster. Guy is a good athlete and someone I thought would be a real good pro but he can't catch the fricken ball!!!!

I think Rodriguez is mainly comp for Lane, but if we bring in Vonta then I think we see a camp battle between him and Clay, who to this point has been struggling (doesn't mean much at this point, but hey the guy hasn't separated himself his entire career).

He had a couple nifty catches last season. His issue is getting open consistently.

Clay is on the bubble because he is not consistent and he was not a Philbin pick. He better be appreciably better than Miller, Egnew, Sims etc. or he will get cut.

Back
Top Bottom