Dolphins claim Taco Charlton | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim Taco Charlton

Seriosly though, I liked him coming out of MI, but I saw him as more of a second round talent, and thought the boys reached in that regard. He had a questionable motor, and work ethic, but the physical attributes were there.

Having said that, it's a low risk signing. Actually a no risk signing. If we can get anything at all out of him, it's a win.
Don't get to watch them as much as I used to, but I'm a MI fan...and wanted nothing to do with Taco in the first round for the reasons you mention. I'm all for taking a shot on him in this situation though.... playing with the houses' money. No real investment if it does not work out. If you do motivate him and get him to play, bonus!

I know some people wanted Taco during his draft .. I was not one of them though. Also, some people suggested we trade Minkah Fitzpatrick for Taco, again, I was not one of them though.

Now we traded Minkah, got Taco, and have an extra 1st rounder next year … I think this is the better move. :)

Taco is in a great spot honestly. He's a bit of a tweener and he's a semi-talented pass rusher. We're a team completely and utterly devoid of pass rushers, so we're starved for him in that role. We're also a team that uses defenders flexibility a lot, so being a tweener isn't a bad thing here. Good fit, great pickup, and someone who actually has a nice shot in the arm for his career as the runway is clear and he'll get lots of reps.

Lde in 4 man fronts might have to come off the field in 3 man cause I doubt the poa play will pass tbe mustard in that ask. And I doubt he will be used mucb standing up. Well more I think about it maybe he will.

it’s not like miamis got many options that can play edge wise

I would have been surprised if they hadn't claimed him.

Back
Top Bottom