Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson

Carson is returning to Seattle on a 3 years deal.

Put this thread to close and move on.

Ha ha. Okay.
You must be an Ohio State fan.

Dobbins is nowhere near the player Harris, Etienne nor Williams is. Harris is elite in the vision, balance and pass catching departments. Etienne is a speed demon with great pass catching ability who will thrive especially in a zone blocking scheme. Williams is a bull with above average speed and the best contact balance of any RB in the last three drafts. Each of these players will be selected by the middle of the 2nd round.

JK Dobbins is a nice player but he’s not elite anywhere. He’s not even the 3rd best RB in last years class when he went in the 4th round.

Dobbins is nowhere near the player Harris, Etienne nor Williams is. Harris is elite in the vision, balance and pass catching departments. Etienne is a speed demon with great pass catching ability who will thrive especially in a zone blocking scheme. Williams is a bull with above average speed and the best contact balance of any RB in the last three drafts. Each of these players will be selected by the middle of the 2nd round.

JK Dobbins is a nice player but he’s not elite anywhere. He’s not even the 3rd best RB in last years class when he went in the 4th round.
Agreed, bro!

First of all, I am not really a fan of college football so I don’t have a favorite team. Second of all, last year’s running back class has been excellent so far in the NFL so if you consider Dobbins the third best of that group it’s hardly an indictment of his talent. Thirdly if you really want me to take your opinion seriously you should at least get your facts straight. Dobbins was drafted in the second round. Exactly where most good running back prospects should be drafted and exactly where all three of the top running backs in this year’s class should be drafted.

Should, could, would, might, won’t. One of them at least should go in the first round. Right or wrong!
First of all, I am not really a fan of college football so I don’t have a favorite team. Second of all, last year’s running back class has been excellent so far in the NFL so if you consider Dobbins the third best of that group it’s hardly an indictment of his talent. Thirdly if you really want me to take your opinion seriously you should at least get your facts straight. Dobbins was drafted in the second round. Exactly where most good running back prospects should be drafted and exactly where all three of the top running backs in this year’s class should be drafted.

Could not hate this more. Wasting another year with average talent at RB. Draft a guy and solve the issue. Don’t sign retreads year after year.

You can find a productive RB anywhere if you have a good OL...NEVER draft a RB high

Should, could, would, might, won’t. One of them at least should go in the first round. Right or wrong!
I didn't say they won't get drafted higher if you read my post right. I fully expect at least one or maybe all three might go in the first round but that doesn't mean that they are better than last year's running back class. It just means that most team's needs differ from year to year and the strength at the other more important positions may not be as strong relative to last year's draft class. If I was a GM, I wouldn't take a running back in the first round for a multitude of reasons so I feel most really good running back prospects value begins in the second round.

I didn't say they won't get drafted higher if you read my post right. I fully expect at least one or maybe all three might go in the first round but that doesn't mean that they are better than last year's running back class. It just means that most team's needs differ from year to year and the strength at the other more important positions may not be as strong relative to last year's draft class. If I was a GM, I wouldn't take a running back in the first round for a multitude of reasons so I feel most really good running back prospects value begins in the second round.
Agreed. Usually one goes first round. At least. I get ya!

Back
Top Bottom