Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson

You must be an Ohio State fan.

Dobbins is nowhere near the player Harris, Etienne nor Williams is. Harris is elite in the vision, balance and pass catching departments. Etienne is a speed demon with great pass catching ability who will thrive especially in a zone blocking scheme. Williams is a bull with above average speed and the best contact balance of any RB in the last three drafts. Each of these players will be selected by the middle of the 2nd round.

JK Dobbins is a nice player but he’s not elite anywhere. He’s not even the 3rd best RB in last years class when he went in the 4th round.
There's a lot of over and underestimation all over the place right here....

There's a lot of over and underestimation all over the place right here....
Well give us specifics instead of dropping a one-liner.

The three top backs in this class all have elite traits. Like I said, Dobbins is a nice player but I fail to see where he’s elite anywhere.

Well give us specifics instead of dropping a one-liner.

The three top backs in this class all have elite traits. Like I said, Dobbins is a nice player but I fail to see where he’s elite anywhere.
You are giving these backs elite traits...

The only back in that trio that has anything that could be considered elite is Etienne and his speed...and that MIGHT be reason enough to take a flyer on him late in the 1st.

There's nothing elite (speed, power, or receiving) with Harris. He's a very good RB...cut and dry. If he's drafted in the 1st it will be by a team that has a luxury that he happens to fill (Pittsburgh). What you miss with him, you can get with Williams in the 2nd...or Sermon in the 5th.

There is nothing elite about Williams either. He is good at pass pro (not elite) and is is a bull. Nothing about him says elite. If it did he would be involved in the first round conversation. As it stands, that isn't the case.

Dobbins is in the same class as those guys. Had they had all come out last year, I doubt if any one of them goes before Dobbins...with the excpetion of Etienne.

Last edited:
DPhinz, you're guilty, in reverse, of what you're accusing DolphinDevil28 of doing. You said he was giving those backs elite traits. You are saying they don't have elite traits. I think Najee Harris is going to be a star in the NFL because imo his game is elite in a big way. If we add Smith and Najee, we'll be tough as hell to stop. We could sub out Pitts for Smith and catch a receiver in the 2nd round. Speaking in absolutes doesn't make you right, you should add imo, then you can say Joe Biden would be a great Nose Tackle and no one can say a word, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyone who doesn’t get hurt? It seems to be the knock on everyone who plays the game.
Well he's certainly not good/tough at playing through injury/hurt. Does not know how to take a hit. Kinda goes hand in hand with being hurt and ball security. He's just another body.

You are giving these backs elite traits...

The only back in that trio that has anything that could be considered elite is Etienne and his speed...and that MIGHT be reason enough to take a flyer on him late in the 1st.

There's nothing elite (speed, power, or receiving) with Harris. He's a very good RB...cut and dry. If he's drafted in the 1st it will be by a team that has a luxury that he happens to fill (Pittsburgh). What you miss with him, you can get with Williams in the 2nd...or Sermon in the 5th.

There is nothing elite about Williams either. He is good at pass pro (not elite) and is is a bull. Nothing about him says elite. If it did he would be involved in the first round conversation. As it stands, that isn't the case.

Dobbins is in the same class as those guys. Had they had all come out last year, I doubt if any one of them goes before Dobbins...with the excpetion of Etienne.
Not so sure about that! Dobbins wasn’t even considered the top back in his class last year!

Well he's certainly not good/tough at playing through injury/hurt. Does not know how to take a hit. Kinda goes hand in hand with being hurt and ball security. He's just another body.
Well I’ve been saying it for a long time now, give me Harris, Etienne, or Williams.

I’ll be thrilled.

Why Harris?
Najee is my guy. I just see it all in him. Williams was the guy who rocketes up my board overtaking ETN. At this point Harris and Williams are interchangeable at best RB in class.
Edit: I love his size too. I want a bruiser back.

Najee is my guy. I just see it all in him. Williams was the guy who rocketes up my board overtaking ETN. At this point Harris and Williams are interchangeable at best RB in class.
Edit: I love his size too. I want a bruiser back.
Speed kills, though..and Etienne isn’t doing small anymore..just saying!

Back
Top Bottom