Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill

Dolphins: "We're going to cut Tannehill."

*one month later*

Dolphins: "Hey anyone want to trade us draft capital or quality football players for the guy we said we were going to cut a month ago?"

How to run your football team like a dumbass 101.

I mean technically they never came out and said much of anything in regards to Ryan Tannehill since the new regime took over . . . .which to your point suggests they have moved on because how do you treat the QB on your roster absorbing $26 million in cap as an afterthought unless you were done with him

Seriously the sooner they pull the bandaid off the better. Start the new league year off on the right foot.

I mean technically they never came out and said much of anything in regards to Ryan Tannehill since the new regime took over . . . .which to your point suggests they have moved on because how do you treat the QB on your roster absorbing $26 million in cap as an afterthought.

Seriously the sooner they pull the bandaid off the better. Start the new league year off on the right foot.

Wasn't it reported by Schefter or Rapoport or one of those guys around a month ago that the Dolphins were expected to cut him? You don't leak that around the league, wait three weeks, and THEN pick up the phone and start calling teams.
That's, how shall we say, incredibly stupid? You are killing your own negotiating position from the outset while gaining absolutely nothing in return. I said it then, if you want to try to shop him, it's a really bad move to announce you're going to cut him. Now here we are.

We joke around about the Dolphins being run by incompetent boobs, but the Dolphins are run by incompetent boobs.

Wasn't it reported by Schefter or Rapoport or one of those guys around a month ago that the Dolphins were expected to cut him? You don't leak that around the league, wait three weeks, and THEN pick up the phone and start calling teams.
That's, how shall we say, incredibly stupid? You are killing your own negotiating position from the outset while gaining absolutely nothing in return. I said it then, if you want to try to shop him, it's a really bad move to announce you're going to cut him. Now here we are.

We joke around about the Dolphins being run by incompetent boobs, but the Dolphins are run by incompetent boobs.

Nah.

Armando reported it and he, to my knowledge, is the only one that has. Other outlets reporting it have referenced his article as the source.

The Dolphins have pretty used the “we are evaluating everybody on our roster” line when questioned about Ryan, which yea that line essentially means we are done when speaking about potential franchise QBs.

They have not confirmed or denied it.

If tannehill actually had any trade value or talent , teams would still want to trade for him regardless if the Dolphins said they were going to cut him.

Here is the thing.

There is no more guaranteed money on the contract. That is an attractive incentive for anybody looking to trade for anybody.

So if a team has the available cap space to hold $19 million, they can trade a 6 or 7 or a player to Miami just to bring Ryan into camp while also having exclusive rights to negotiate a restructured extension of sorts. Hell they can just cut bait before the season or hell maybe Ryan balls out for them . . . .but of course his injury history makes it riskier on their end.

I mean its not likely but that possibility does exist. If Ryan does hit FA u are going to give him guaranteed money . . . .something you wont have to do in a trade.

If tannehill actually had any trade value or talent , teams would still want to trade for him regardless if the Dolphins said they were going to cut him.

Do you have a source of Chris Grier or anyone in the top Dolphin management stating they we're going to just cut Ryan Tannehill ?

The fact that you're saying " If " the Dolphins said they were going to cut him your point is useless and you have absolutely no clue that they are.

Is it too hard to figure out that if they we're going to just cut him they would have already?

Seems that way.

Last edited:
The reality is that in the NFL rumors travel fast. Every team knows almost everything about every bubble player on every other roster.
Everyone knew Flacco’s days were numbered once Jackson took over, yet he still had trade value. Then after the trade everyone knew Keenum was out, yet they were still able to unload him, albeit for a late draft pick.
Everyone knows the Cardinals are likely to draft Murray, therefore the organization doesn’t have as much leverage as they should have in trying to trade Rosen

I’m sure the giants were gonna cut ov if they couldn’t find a taker in trade.

So I don’t think it’s that unusual a circumstance.

Browns were gonna cut josh Gordon too til they found a taker in trade.

I’m expecting this Tannehill cut to come in tbe next few days.

Gives all parties a clean break

I would imagine Tannehill would have to agree too a pay cut. A very large paycut. Then theres his health history to consider. Not much value there would you say?

Still think something happens within the next 48 hours here

Expecting a good bit of roster movement

Back
Top Bottom