Dolphins deal Rodgers to Saints for draft pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins deal Rodgers to Saints for draft pick

Well he's gone..Eddie Moore..you've got to step up..other than Henrick..we have no depth..Rookies and 2nd year players definetly have to step up this year..

better than getting nothing - nice job Rick :up:

still have not seen this confirmed any place else though :confused:

Originally posted by dolphan39

With a quote like that from Haslett it's a done deal.
"We have gotten deeper, more experienced and faster with this trade, and we're excited to have him."

I'm wondering if he agreed to a restructured contract as part of the deal...

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
for a #7???? i thought he was worth a least a #5

We got a 7 for a guy who will be 32 in Oct. Lot better then the nothing we thought we were going to get.

Originally posted by dolphan39
better than getting nothing - nice job Rick :up:

It's also in the Sun Sentinal..

I agree a seventh? this guy started for our team!!!! which may be saying something really bad...lol .. and although i think some one said henrick i think hes talking about hendricks...we have added seau and a rookie, morlon greenwood will be in this mix somewhere too..this is a make or break season for him and he knows it ...we also have ayenbadajo,devin lemons ,justin severns,joshua symonette...another rookie corey jenkins ..as well as anyone that might be available after june 1st...Im sure we are deep at the posistion .. just green...I like the small fast linebacker deal anyways so Im happy with the guys we got and considering how often we play two backers in our D I am not concerned with depth. Any one will do as good as rodgers IMHO...

What a team gets and what a player is worth are frequently two different things. Teams know we need to cut Rogers to get Griese, so they COULD just wait for us to do so rather than giving up ANYTHING for him. The Saints only cut lose with a 7th round pick because it keeps them out of a bidding war.

Rodgers, 31, started 89 of 93 games at weakside linebacker for the Dolphins since being drafted in the third round in 1997. He has 378 career tackles, nine sacks, four forced fumbles and three interceptions.
not very impressive for sure

1 sack every 10th game
1 TO forced every 12 games
about 4 tackles a game

he will be easily replaced even by Greenwood or Moore let alone Jr

Now we take the full cap hit of his two years of remaining amortized bonus. It was $750K a year for two remaining years. Is $750K worth a 7th round pick??? Apparently the F.O. does think it has the cap room to take the total cap hit this year. So they must be around $2.5 million under the cap now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, Saints fan here.
I wonder what is the term of Rodgers' contract with the Fins. I've seen 2.1 mil, 2.0 mil, and nflpa.org has his base salary at 530k with 1.5 mil in incentive

Back
Top Bottom