Dolphins deal Rodgers to Saints for draft pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins deal Rodgers to Saints for draft pick

7th round picks are usually used to grab a guy you think will be an undrafted FA but you just have good feeling about him and don't want to risk him signing elsewhere.

Oh, 7th rounders are also used a lot to draft punters... ;)

Originally posted by Dude
7th round picks are usually used to grab a guy you think will be an undrafted FA but you just have good feeling about him and don't want to risk him signing elsewhere.

Oh, 7th rounders are also used a lot to draft punters... ;)

We had penalty of 7th rounders this year if we wanted to do that..I remember the draft being 12 rounds deep..so why is a 7th that bad..I don't think so...it's not like there's a shortage of colleges..I think there's still 12 rounds of talent out there..

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Again, see above...the NFL said he couldn't have official talks until after June 2nd. In a nutshell...the Bronco's don't have the authority to grant him permission to do anything more than seek a trade...he can't negotiate terms until after he's cut according to the letter of the law.

Trade discussions include discussion of contract terms. They certainly did with Seau. I know there was no restriction with Seau, but the trade discussions were primarily about what Seau would demand if Miami traded for him.

Originally posted by Merman

Taking the smaller cap hit in this case of $750K rather than the $1.5 million would have made sense now. Next year we are free of Gardener's $6 million dead cap hit and $750K is nothing to work around at the beginning of the free agency period.

Yah but Madison/Surtain each rise up a million. Jay F, Tim B and Brock M's contracts all shoot up. Plus a lot of our players are due $300-600k rises. Not to mention we need to sign Wade and figure out something with Chambers.

We pulled off a nice coup boys. It's not everyday you get a 7th for a 32 year old backup LB.

Hell, I'll take a punter with that pick right now!! not a royaLS FAN.. HOPING HE REALLY STINKS IT UP IN CAMP.

Back
Top Bottom