Dolphins Facing Interesting Decisions On Two Veteran Receivers. The Potential Fallout | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Facing Interesting Decisions On Two Veteran Receivers. The Potential Fallout

I'd try & trade Parker to a WR needy team they might bite...Ravens? Jags?

Amendola should take a paycut if he wants to stay

Stills should stay not his fault Gase & Loggains were "sacrificing stats for wins"

Will also need to see if Wilson and Grant are healthy. Injuries to fast guys can often be tough. Tony Lippett wasn't ready at the start of this year so we cut him (he got signed by Giants in October - I'll be honest, I wish we'd kept him).

So if the two aren't quite ready, we might get a good chance to see at a lot of new receivers.

Amendola looked pretty darn average to me, especially at the end of the year. Unless they think his intangibles are so great that he can teach young players how to become winners, I don't see a reason to keep him on the rebuild.

Adios to both, I'll roll with Grant and hopefully Wilson if he can come back with a workable contract. The speed coupled with our Stills, Carroo, etc are very doable

Ford was underwhelming when we moved him up to the actual roster. Maybe year 3 he will shine?

We wont know for sure until he gets more snaps. I wouldnt bet the farm on it, but I think he at least deserves a shot with the new coaching staff.

Hard to tell if he never saw the field because of his play, or because he was getting played.

Devante Parker was a poor evaluation and needs to be released. He simply has no fight or instincts or the belief that he can be great. He looks the part physically but too much is missing. It is very similar to Ryan Tannehill in that regard, so not particularly surprising that the same scouting regime made a similar mistake in nearby years. Obviously Tannehill is a more dependable person overall.

Some of the tape guys here were fooled on both of those players due to physical makeup. But I have been impressed that some of them have come around to reality recently.

The Patriots didn't dare trust Cordarrelle Patterson with those vital 3rd down throws on Sunday. It would have been the equivalent of targeting Devante Parker. Like Parker, Patterson looks the part but he has no sense of urgency, nor the ability to box out, nor widen his catch radius on a critical play. He simply jogs out there and technically fulfills his responsibility, then accepts whatever happens.

New England made darn sure those crucial throws went to Edelman or Gronkowski. I have no idea why the Chiefs didn't sense that.

The wide receiver position produces a ton of first round busts and disappointments. It baffled the heck out of me decades ago because so many of them look great in college. Finally I realized it was that dedication aspect and the ability to raise your game. NFL defensive backs are allowed to hand fight and get away with numerous plays that technically should be interference. The prima donna receivers never make the adjustment to the higher level and how the games are officiated. Finally I started to realize that receivers need to be like scrappy offensive linemen, really learning every nuance of the craft along with studying the upcoming opponent and his tendencies. Not shocking that the Patriots find so many smart receivers like Edelman and Hogan, and years ago guys like Deion Branch and Troy Brown. They wouldn't win the combine. They win clever and quickness and clutch.

The Dolphins do not prioritize elite quickness enough, nor smarts. I saw a kid named Andy Isabella in person at the Massachusetts/Connecticut game who would be a good middle to later round addition. The top draft guys here have mentioned him several times. He looks like a prototype Patriots player with all the subtleties and darting quickness.

Bye Parker.

I would keep Amendola for one more year.

I think now would be a good time to deal Stills. He will likely leave as a free agent when his contract is up. No sense keeping him around if this team isn't going to be worth a damn.

No chance I’d allocate $6M to Amendola. He didn’t bring anything to the table that isn’t easy to replace.

I think a lot of fans seriously overrate Stills. He is a nice deep threat, at times, but disappears, and seems less relevant in games than a guy like Tedd Ginn even is. I won't soon forget his drop at Seattle, nor his decision to take a dive 1 yard shy of a first down this year in a critical situation. I get it that you need the "chunk yards" guys, but he just disappears and doesn't do it frequently enough. I don't think he gets separation like you need out of a starter. This team is absolutely STACKED with #3/#4 receivers. Wilson may be the only one who could possibly be rated as a #2, but that will still take time to determine. Very sad that WR became a position of need, based on what it looke like 1-2 yrs ago.

I know ppl won't like to hear this attitude but... who cares?

If we're rebuilding/tanking not one of these players will be on the roster in 2020. That goes for prob 85% of the 2018 Roster.

Ppl we need to keep is a very short list, Minka, Tunsil and..... well everyone else can go. If were tanking and rebuilding we need most if not all of the starters to peak in years 2021-2024. None of the players on this team matter, I mean REALLY matter except Tunsil and Minka. X would join this list but I'm not wanting to pay him even close to what he wants so I'm hoping we can trade him somehow or sign him to a reasonable contract. Making him the highest paid corner in the league is ridiculous. First because hes not the best corner in the league and 2nd hes been getting injured lately.

I am not really concern at wr position. we have lot of talent at that spot. I would move on from parker and Amendola

I feel confident we will get rid of Parker and Amendola. Stills can be traded.

Fortify the trenches, find a QB and then we can retool with skill position players that accommodate our new QB's skill set.

Back
Top Bottom