Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted

I know everyone is trying to make sense of this but to blame the coach for this o-line after 4 practices? I believe there's more to it than we've been told. All this crap that the coach can't relate to the players is what we hear all the time now. At what point is the players and at what point is the coach? The O-line has been horrible for years and this coach just got here. I'm not saying that the firing was wrong as I don't know any details. Just saying we need to stop blaming everything on coaching.

In the simplest terms sometimes a move just doesnt work.

Something doesnt smell right with this. If Gase had done this, it would have been total anarchy in here. But since the honey moon period is still in full effect with the new coach its "Flores means business". Its never a good thing firing a coach 4 days into camp.

Something doesnt smell right with this. If Gase had done this, it would have been total anarchy in here. But since the honey moon period is still in full effect with the new coach its "Flores means business". Its never a good thing firing a coach 4 days into camp.
That's the point Gase wouldn't have done this.

We may never know what was really behind this.

Could be as simple as a basic philosophical difference, but you would think tgat would have been settled up front.

I do like the "get it done, or we'll find someone who will" attitude though.

No excuses......

Maybe he was a little TOO honest with his comments to the press about their O-line talent assessment.

Another possibility is Flores didn't care for the way the Q and A with the press went down, which started an arguement.

I mean I'm sure people are confused. I think the issue with Gase (at least with the OL) was that he initially made a bad hire in Foerster (not from me but from a lot of people) and then hiring a bro in Washburn.

Maybe he was a little TOO honest with his comments to the press about their O-line talent assessment.
Maybe not so much to do with "honesty" as much as Flores preference to answer questions without actually giving information.

The hire wasn't necessarily bad but the firing so early is what Gase wouldn't have done.

He would have let it fester for the season.

I mean I guess. He was quick to cut players and that got him flamed on here for moves if you look back on were probably the right ones. All I am saying lets not declare this as a good move before all the smoke clears haha

I blame Dallas Thomas

1vnghw.gif

All coaches make hires and/or put coaches in positions that don't work out for a myriad of reasons.

However, as I said before the key for these guys is how quickly they're able to see mistakes - admit it - and move on from it. When you see it happening is when you'll know things have changed.

Back
Top Bottom