Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted

I mean I'm sure people are confused. I think the issue with Gase (at least with the OL) was that he initially made a bad hire in Foerster (not from me but from a lot of people) and then hiring a bro in Washburn.
The big difference, IMO, is Gase never had "the buck stops here" attitude.

He would never "own" it. I don't get that impression with Flores.

Well at least he was decisive although on other hand he did choose this guy as his coach.

He sent a bunch of players packing. Does that not mean the "buck stops here". Im not advocating for Gase but trying to keep some perspective on these moves by the new coach. Lets not get rose color glasses on because hes new.

Well he was hired before googs, maybe googs is what they wanted in the 1st place and just corrected it,

I can only imagine how many wtf am I suppose to do with that’s are flying at those position meetings when they watch pads tape.

Grier probably crawls under the table.

I blame Dallas Thomas

1vnghw.gif

lol

Gase coached like he was playing a video game. He just called plays and expected player X or player Y to just do what they were supposed to do, like the little pixel guys in video games do, even if he was having player X or Y do things they couldn't do. He never blamed himself or his staff. After every blowout he'd get up in front of the media after watching tape and take about how obvious it was that there were tons of plays left on the field. The players were always pointed towards, even though the asks did them no favors, it was never coaching. This is certainly a different approach.

We hired Flaherty than googs. We don't know how it went down, maybe Flores wanted googs and he made himself available late so he was added to the staff with a different position. Now Flores doesn't like what he's seen from the O-LINE group and made the switch.

Do we need bodies too though? We have an all pro LT but the way folks are talking 4 total stiffs. I saw the comment where Deiter is a long ways away from being a good pro, not encouraging. Is there no hope for Davis, Kilgore, Reed and Mills? If so we are just as screwed us some are hoping and won't be able to get a good look at Rosen if he does in fact get out there.

Also, Dwayne Allen should help out a lot. I watched him rag doll Khalil Mack last year (although Mack may have been playing with bad ankle).

Back
Top Bottom