Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted

Imo it’s tbe Jesse Davis lack of development into a player that matches the high level athlete that’s keeping this o line in tbe dumps.

Indy’s o line took off when that stud left guard showed up. Miamis right guard has a ceiling that our other guys not named tunsil can’t match but it sounds like he’s peaked.

And.it’s.not.good.enough.

Jags, marginal lunch pails, and underachievers

Something doesnt smell right with this. If Gase had done this, it would have been total anarchy in here. But since the honey moon period is still in full effect with the new coach its "Flores means business". Its never a good thing firing a coach 4 days into camp.

Well let’s not act like they’ve been working together for 4 days. They’ve been together all offseason, this surely was not a decision made lightly after 1 bad practice...

Interesting...

Sometimes you hire guys with good credentials, and good references (hell, Manning will tell anyone who will listen what a great coach Gase is) and it doesn't workout. From the Rapoport report it sounds like he wasn't communicating what the coach wanted. Coach most likely became fed up with the poor results and made a move. I don't know what it says in the long run, but I do appreciate men who recognize their mistakes and fix it as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Earlier in this thread I called the move "refreshing."

After more consideration, I've decided that I absolutely L OVE it! Flores is serving notice to both the coaching staff and the players that there will be no free rides and that the axe can drop at any time.

SO FUNNY...

One thread like this and the negative goons are running wild!

I honestly believe a number of folks only participate in this forum

to rag on the team org FO players coaches etc.

It's simply a $hit fest for them.

Maybe it's just me but

MAN DOES IT GET OLD!

SO FUNNY...

One thread like this and the negative goons are running wild!

I honestly believe a number of folks only participate in this forum

to rag on the team org FO players coaches etc.

It's simply a $hit fest for them.

Maybe it's just me but

MAN DOES IT GET OLD!
I thought it was fairly mild.

I saw more anger about the definition of the word "pivot" in a recent thread, than here so far..... Lol

I thought Flaherty was the Oline's best hope. Although, jiggle me elmo is good, too.

This is some psychic dissonance bullsheit...

Who the heck knows, fat redheads named Flaherty shouldn't be in that environment anyways...first the old man, now freckles...

"NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport added that Flaherty struggled to implement the new system, which has been an issue since the spring."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...phins-part-ways-with-oline-coach-pat-flaherty

That report makes total sense to me... If Flaherty was incapable of implementing (communicating) the system
Flores and O'Shea are all about -- and then Goog was brought on board as an "intermediary," and there were
still "issues," then of course you make the move.

Win or lose, success or failure -- I want the HC to be "ruthless" about getting the job done. No problem
with making mistakes. They are bound to happen. Just don't repeat the process...

Back
Top Bottom