Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted

It is your show coach Flo and nobody will be accountable but you.

Make moves my dude . . . get it to where it needs to be as your name is the only one that matters in all of this

But definitely realize Tom Brady ain't back behind center so the chicken scrap philosophy on the oline will only get you so far and will get the guys who are not Tom Brady . . . killed.

It is your show coach Flo and nobody will be accountable but you.

Make moves my dude . . . get it to where it needs to be as your name is the only one that matters in all of this

But definitely realize Tom Brady ain't back behind center so the chicken scrap philosophy on the oline will only get you so far and will get the guys who are not Tom Brady . . . killed.
I'm on the fence about it. only because it was so soon and clearly it was not a good fit right off the bat.

On the other hand at least we know Flores holds his staff accountable, something our last three coaches were unable to do. Pays to not hire people you know for cases like this

While this indicates dysfunction, at least he ripped the band aid off instead of letting it linger and it got too late. Let's hope the coach is better organized going forward. It's embarrassing to the Head Coach, you can't sugar coat it.

While this indicates dysfunction, at least he ripped the band aid off instead of letting it linger and it got too late. Let's hope the coach is better organized going forward. It's embarrassing to the Head Coach, you can't sugar coat it.

>>> dysfunction?

Really?

"dysfunction" would be NOT correcting a situation -- which was ALREADY
proactively addressed by the prior addition of DeGuglielmo!

embarrassing???

For real?

To the contrary. It's an affirmative step to solve a critical issue.

Do you think you could hire like 25 assistants etc. and not want to make a correction?

As if you would be perfect?

Get over it.

Mistakes happen.

What really matters is CORRECTIONS and forward velocity.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

At end of Day it is a Position Coach. Not like it is one of the Coordinators.

Their job is to teach technical issues and translate the HC vision into positions. A non issue firing him this early in camp.

Now if it was one of the Coordinators or even QB Coach this early in camp then I would be a little more concerned. Not a OL coach when there is already a replacement on staff.

Dysfunction is firing coaches right before season starts.

Their job is to teach technical issues and translate the HC vision into positions. A non issue firing him this early in camp.

Now if it was one of the Coordinators or even QB Coach this early in camp then I would be a little more concerned. Not a OL coach when there is already a replacement on staff.

Takes a fan of another team to help offer reason to Finheaven.

Some of us get it others go off like they always do.

lol at dysfunction. Only on Finheaven is this dysfunction.

Precisely.

And jolly good point differential re position VS. coordinator.

so what's up (or down) in Bills camp?

Any new players rocketing upwards?

Ayyyyyy...a Bills fan has to come in and make sense.

Precisely.

And jolly good point differential re position VS. coordinator.

so what's up (or down) in Bills camp?

Any new players rocketing upwards?

Sure Allen looks Night and Day from last year as a Passer hope he keeps trending that way.

Jon Brown is uncoverable. Frustrating White often

I have never seen a WR run routes like Beasley so crisp.

Defense is still good.

Cody Ford starting RT as a Rook and looking really good.

Dealing with some Hamstring injuries to TE group and injuries there as a hole. Down Kroft (foot) Croom and Knox to hammys

It is a good camp. Bobby Johnson as new OL Coach has that OL performing well to this point

It’s early but I feel Bills will make some good noise this season if camp continues on the trend it is and they carry it into season.

Sure Allen looks Night and Day from last year as a Passer hope he keeps trending that way.

Jon Brown is uncoverable. Frustrating White often

I have never seen a WR run routes like Beasley so crisp.

Defense is still good.

Cody Ford starting RT as a Rook and looking really good.

Dealing with some Hamstring injuries to TE group and injuries there as a hole. Down Kroft (foot) Croom and Knox to hammys

It is a good camp. Bobby Johnson as new OL Coach has that OL performing well to this point

I wanted us to draft Ford...

Yea, Brown is getting some press...

Sounds like things are looking up.

In the end it is literally the same people who hated the hire of Flores and look for any excuse to dis the guy.
As @BillsFanInPeace said: position coaches do not have as much impact as Coordinators but their job is to get the units ready to function in a system installed by his superiors.
Obviously it is a lingering issue since spring. Maybe Flaherty couldn't or wouldn't coach the OL to get ready to function in our new offensive system. The timing is perfect. They waited for the first TC, decided it is a no-go and used the short break to make the change. That shows leadership and accountability and dedication to the success of the team.

Back
Top Bottom