Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted

He is familiar with DeGulielmo. They worked together in NE. This is and has been my whole point.

Ok so he hired another he is familiar with initially. Let me ask What is the big deal does games start tomorrow?

Was the OL performing during offseason?

Or is it just ooo no people are going to laugh?

Can’t believe I am here not jumping on the dysfunction bandwagon ooo wait yeah I can because this isn’t dysfunction.

A OL coach that isn’t teaching the system correctly staying OL coach is dysfunction

Ok so he hired another he is familiar with initially. Let me ask What is the big deal does games start tomorrow?

Was the OL performing during offseason?

Or is it just ooo no people are going to laugh?

Can’t believe I am here not jumping on the dysfunction bandwagon ooo wait yeah I can because this isn’t dysfunction.

A OL coach that isn’t teaching the system correctly staying OL coach is dysfunction
I don’t know why you’re arguing, or even why you care to be honest. I made a simple point, you’ve turned into a ****ing federal case. Hire the right ****ing guy from the beginning next time. Good for Flores for not being too stubborn to admit he ****ed up. These two points can exist together; they are not mutually exclusive thoughts. That’s it. Also, when the Dolphins fire a coach four practices into that coach’s tenure, it tends to draw more scrutiny than if say, the Patriots did the same thing. Also not a mutually exclusive notion that can co-exist aside the other two thoughts. Incredible, right?!

I don’t know why you’re arguing, or even why you care to be honest. I made a simple point, you’ve turned into a ****ing federal case. Hire the right ****ing guy from the beginning next time. Good for Flores for not being too stubborn to admit he ****ed up. These two points can exist together; they are not mutually exclusive thoughts. That’s it. Also, when the Dolphins fire a coach four practices into that coach’s tenure, it tends to draw more scrutiny than if say, the Patriots did the same thing. Also not a mutually exclusive notion that can co-exist aside the other two thoughts. Incredible, right?!

How many coaches Hire the Right guy everywhere from the start?

Got it worried more about perception and optic than results

How many coaches Hire the Right guy everywhere from the start?

Got it worried more about perception and optic than results
Yeah, the point went right over your head. I don’t deal with people who can’t even discuss **** in good faith. We’re done here.

My point is he Flores should have just hired DeGuglielmo in February and called it a day.
Like the old adage goes: A stitch in time saves nine. I'm impressed that Flores is more concerned with getting it right than ego and optics. Make the change now preemptively rather than in season remedially!

Yep just look at what McD did in Buffalo and a lot of people initially flamed him for it. But First year HC he surrounded himself with Senior Veteran Coaches. Because he was just feeling his way and wanted to make sure he had people he could lean on. Now the assistants are mostly changed out especially on Offense bringing in Grinders and younger coaches because now he wants them to fit HIS vision.

So Flores hires someone he was familiar with as he was learning to be a HC. Found it wasn’t working. And made a change.

Everything might Fail for Flores or he might succeed as a HC. But all Fin Fans should be happy about his decisiveness. If he is that way with his own staff that is going to translate to the players as well.

This should be a moment of Hope and excitement that a coach and FO are so quick to admit a mistake and move on from it. Those are the hard decisions but the ones that can do it effectively are the ones you want running your football team.
Are you sure you are a Bills fan? You have a...do I dare say it? ....a brain.
OMG_Face_Emoji_large.png

:lol:

That notion that every HC hires the right person from the beginning is BS. More often than not assistants, coordinators, get fired if they do not do the job. It shows your absolute hatred of Flores to crucify him for correcting an early judgement error. At least he did not hold on to him which most coaches do out of false loyalty.

That notion that every HC hires the right person from the beginning is BS. More often than not assistants, coordinators, get fired if they do not do the job. It shows your absolute hatred of Flores to crucify him for correcting an early judgement error. At least he did not hold on to him which most coaches do out of false loyalty.
Absolute hatred of Flores?! I loved the Flores hire. I’ve supported him from day one. I still support him. It was a minor criticism that you and the Bills fan have now gone ahead and blown up into some ****ing huge thing. Absolute hatred of Flores, get the **** outta here with that noise. I’m firmly on Team Flores. This post actually pisses me the **** off.

Last edited:
Absolute hatred of Flores?! I loved the Flores hire. I’ve supported him from day one. I still support him. It was a minor criticism that you and the Bills fan have now gone ahead and blown up into some ****ing huge thing. Hatred of Absolute hatred of Flores, get the **** outta here with that noise. I’m firmly on Team Flores.

Then you should be happy about his oversight. He made the split at the best moment.

As a business owner, you hire people that you feel is right for the job. You can’t always make the right decisions and it’s naive to think you can. You will make mistakes, I applaud Flores for making the changes as early as he did.

And to clarify, I have no expectations and I’m taking a wait and see approach to this coach but he did the right move. I agree with the Bills fan.

Back
Top Bottom