Dolphins First Round Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Round Picks

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
I'll give the year of the draft and the selection number in the first round.

1966 AFL Draft:

1 Miami Dolphins Jim Grabowski FB Illinois
2 Miami Dolphins Rick Norton QB Kentucky

1967 NFL Draft:

4 Miami Dolphins Bob Griese QB Purdue

1968 NFL Draft:

8 Miami Dolphins Larry Csonka RB Syracuse
27 Miami Dolphins Doug Crusan T Indiana

1969 NFL Draft:

11 Miami Dolphins Bill Stanfill DE Georgia

1970 Nfl Draft:

(pick traded to Cleveland- #3 overall- for Paul Warfield)

1971 NFL Draft:

(#22 pick given to Baltimore Colts for the loss of coach Don Shula to Miami)

1972 NFL Draft:

25 Miami Dolphins Mike Kadish DT Notre Dame

1973 NFL Draft:

(#26 traded to Buffalo Bills)

1974 NFL Draft:

26 Miami Dolphins Don Reese DE Jackson State

1975 NFL Draft:

23 Miami Dolphins Darryl Carlton T Tampa

1976 NFL Draft:

17 Miami Dolphins Larry Gordon LB Arizona State
19 Miami Dolphins Kim Bokamper LB San Jose State

1977 NFL Draft:

13 Miami Dolphins A.J. Duhe DT LSU

1978 NFL Draft:

(#24 trade- Dolphins acquire RB Delvin Williams from San Francisco 49ers in exchange for WR Freddie Solomon, S Vern Roberson and picks in the first and fifth rounds of 1978 draft)

1979 NFL Draft:

24 Miami Dolphins Jon Geisler T Michigan

1980 NFL Draft:

21 Miami Dolphins Don McNeal DB Alabama

1981 NFL Draft:

13 Miami Dolphins David Overstreet RB Oklahoma

1982 NFL Draft:

24 Miami Dolphins Roy Foster G USC

1983 NFL Draft:

27 Miami Dolphins Dan Marino QB Pittsburgh

1984 NFL Draft:

14 Miami Dolphins Jackie Shipp LB Oklahoma (aquired via trade with Buffalo

1985 NFL Draft:

27 Miami Dolphins Lorenzo Hampton RB Florida

1986 NFL Draft:

(25 traded to Tampa for Hugh Green)

1987 NFL Draft:

16 Miami Dolphins5 John Bosa DE Boston College (aquired in trade with Minnesota, who received Miami's #14 pick)

1988 NFL Draft:

16 Miami Dolphins Eric Kumerow DE Ohio State

1989 NFL Draft:

9 Miami Dolphins Sammie Smith RB Florida State
25 Miami Dolphins Louis Oliver DB Florida (aquired via trade with Chicago)

1990 NFL Draft:

9 Miami Dolphins Richmond Webb T Texas A&M

1991 NFL Draft:

23 Miami Dolphins Randal Hill WR Miami

1992 NFL Draft:

7 Miami Dolphins Troy Vincent DB Wisconsin (Pick acquired from Philadelphia thru Green Bay and Atlanta)
12 Miami Dolphins Marco Coleman LB Georgia Tech

1993 NFL Draft:

25 Miami Dolphins O.J. McDuffie WR Penn St.

1994 NFL Draft:

20 Miami Dolphins Tim Bowens DT Mississippi (aquired in trade down with Green Bay (pick #16))

1995 NFL Draft:

25 Miami Dolphins Billy Milner T Houston

1996 NFL Draft:

20 Miami Dolphins Daryl Gardener DT Baylor

1997 NFL Draft:

15 Miami Dolphins Yatil Green WR Miami

1998 NFL Draft:

29 Miami Dolphins8 John Avery RB Mississippi (aquired in trade down with Green Bay (pick #19))

1999 NFL Draft:

(traded #27 to San Francisco)

2000 NFL Draft:

(#23 traded to Carolina)

2001 NFL Draft:

26 Miami Dolphins Jamar Fletcher DB Wisconsin

2002 NFL Draft:

(#25 traded to New Orleans for Ricky Williams)

2003 NFL Draft:

(#18 traded to Arizona- through New Orleans- in Ricky Williams trade)

2004 NFL Draft:

19 Miami Dolphins Vernon Carey G Miami (FL) (pick aquired in trade with Minnesota (pick #20))

2005 NFL Draft:

2 (?)

Miami had 2 1st round picks die within a couple years of being drafted (Gordon and Overstreet). Miami traded the 1998 first round pick to Green Bay in which the Packers picked Vonnie Holliday- now a Miami Dolphin.

As far as 1st round picks go, Miami has been horrible since Jimmy Johnson took over.

That's just silly. Dirtying up this thread with that nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeMoney
2001 NFL Draft:

26 Miami Dolphins Jamar Fletcher DB Wisconsin

:fire::fire::fire:

Jesus, don't even get me started. I remember that year I had always been wanting a big screen TV, and figured what better excuse to finally just get one than the upcoming draft. So I go to best by and do it up, get home, set it all up the night before and prepare my draft domain for the next day. I remember being in AGONY while waiting for our pick and then LITERALLY getting on my knees in and BEGGING for Drew Brees when we got on the clock. When JAMAR freaking FLETHCER's name was called I almost, ALMOST threw the baseball I had been tossin in the air for awhile through the TV, luckily stopping myself. If that was my old TV it would have gotten a baseball right through it.

and aside from Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, and Dan Marino our best 1st round pick was coach Shula, lol

I cant believe we are looking for youth to replace the last good first round pick we made (Tim-Bo). That lets me know we were well overdue for a good reshaping (I hate the phrase re-building)

beejay05 said:
I cant believe we are looking for youth to replace the last good first round pick we made (Tim-Bo). That lets me know we were well overdue for a good reshaping (I hate the phrase re-building)

I know right, its crazy!! hope this draft is a good one!!

knight6jb said:
I know right, its crazy!! hope this draft is a good one!!

That Caddy run is NASTY in the 1st video in your signature

Agent51 said:
Jesus, don't even get me started. I remember that year I had always been wanting a big screen TV, and figured what better excuse to finally just get one than the upcoming draft. So I go to best by and do it up, get home, set it all up the night before and prepare my draft domain for the next day. I remember being in AGONY while waiting for our pick and then LITERALLY getting on my knees in and BEGGING for Drew Brees when we got on the clock. When JAMAR freaking FLETHCER's name was called I almost, ALMOST threw the baseball I had been tossin in the air for awhile through the TV, luckily stopping myself. If that was my old TV it would have gotten a baseball right through it.

and aside from Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, and Dan Marino our best 1st round pick was coach Shula, lol

I was watching that draft with my Dad and I was so excited when Brees was still on the board. I couldn't believe our luck that one of the best QBs in that draft class was there, just begging to be taken by us. I was ecstatic when the team before didn't announce his name and then we were on the clock and I was giddy like a school girl thinking that we just got the replacement for Marino. I was on cloud 9....then when Tagliabue took the podium and began to announce the pick, my eyes were closed and fingers crossed and then when I didn't hear him say "...from the University of Purdue..." I went postal! My Dad didn't think I even knew some of the words that were coming out of my mouth at the time. To be honest, I never actually heard who the pick was, I just heard the school and went off the deep end.

4U2NV said:
I was watching that draft with my Dad and I was so excited when Brees was still on the board. I couldn't believe our luck that one of the best QBs in that draft class was there, just begging to be taken by us. I was ecstatic when the team before didn't announce his name and then we were on the clock and I was giddy like a school girl thinking that we just got the replacement for Marino. I was on cloud 9....then when Tagliabue took the podium and began to announce the pick, my eyes were closed and fingers crossed and then when I didn't hear him say "...from the University of Purdue..." I went postal! My Dad didn't think I even knew some of the words that were coming out of my mouth at the time. To be honest, I never actually heard who the pick was, I just heard the school and went off the deep end.

I didn't want Brees actually, althought I wouldn't of minded him. I was praying for Deuce McAllister to drop to us but the Saints of all teams picked him. **** them...

Todd Heap would have been nice too as would have Kendrell Bell...

Back
Top Bottom