Dolphins First Round Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Round Picks

4U2NV said:
I was watching that draft with my Dad and I was so excited when Brees was still on the board. I couldn't believe our luck that one of the best QBs in that draft class was there, just begging to be taken by us. I was ecstatic when the team before didn't announce his name and then we were on the clock and I was giddy like a school girl thinking that we just got the replacement for Marino. I was on cloud 9....then when Tagliabue took the podium and began to announce the pick, my eyes were closed and fingers crossed and then when I didn't hear him say "...from the University of Purdue..." I went postal! My Dad didn't think I even knew some of the words that were coming out of my mouth at the time. To be honest, I never actually heard who the pick was, I just heard the school and went off the deep end.

I feel for ya man, I have honestly never been so disappointed in my entire life (except when I blew out my knee in a senior year all star game). I didn't even swear, I didn't even TALK, I just kinda had that super sick "butterfly" feeling in my stomache and just STARED at the TV. My friends were over and laughed at me (cuz none of em are fans of Miami) to no end. I DID however have a little bit of karma in my favor, because one of my best friends is a DIEHARD Col'ts fan, and a few picks later he was hoping for Fred Smoot as much as I was for Brees and THEY picked freakin Reggie Wayne!!!!! He was just as devastated as I was (at the time anyway, NOW he loves the pick, jack@ss) because I didn't need a DB so we took one in round one, and he didn't need a WR, so THEY took one in round 1.

David Terrell Wide Receiver, Michigan Is the Top Wide Receiver for the NFL in 2001. Terrell is great at catching anything. If you throw him the ball he will catch it. An all-round receiver with a combonation of great size and speed.

aterrell010100-1.jpg

Just looking over some past drafts b/c this thread....look familiar!!!?? scary!!​

Jaj said:
I didn't want Brees actually, althought I wouldn't of minded him. I was praying for Deuce McAllister to drop to us but the Saints of all teams picked him. **** them...

Todd Heap would have been nice too as would have Kendrell Bell...

My first choice was Santana Moss, I was a huge fan of his when he was at Miami, second I wanted Duece, I loved him coming out of college, didnt think he was gonna last that long, then my choice was D.Brees, and when he was there I was going crazy until we selected J.Fletcher!!! what a waste!

knight6jb said:
My first choice was Santana Moss, I was a huge fan of his when he was at Miami, second I wanted Duece, I loved him coming out of college, didnt think he was gonna last that long, then my choice was D.Brees, and when he was there I was going crazy until we selected J.Fletcher!!! what a waste!

Yeah I wanted Santana BAD too, and was PISSED when the jets traded up. Going into the draft he is who I wanted, but after the jets nabbed him I switched to Drew

Not getting Santana wasn't as big a deal to me as was not geting Deuce. After the Lions too Backus I was saying to myself, Miami has its running back of the future.

Jaj said:
Not getting Santana wasn't as big a deal to me as was not geting Deuce. After the Lions too Backus I was saying to myself, Miami has its running back of the future.

Now looking at it, no coubt, Duece would have been awesome. No ricky situation!!! No worries this where about who to draft as a RB, etc. I still wanted Moss, I thought this man was gonna be the next big thing, obviously he wasnt, still good no doubt, but Duece then brees would have been my choice, still any of those 3 would have owned Fletcher!

TeeMoney said:
2002 NFL Draft:

(#25 traded to New Orleans for Ricky Williams)

2003 NFL Draft:

(#18 traded to Arizona- through New Orleans- in Ricky Williams trade)

:shakeno:

knight6jb said:
Now looking at it, no coubt, Duece would have been awesome. No ricky situation!!! No worries this where about who to draft as a RB, etc. I still wanted Moss, I thought this man was gonna be the next big thing, obviously he wasnt, still good no doubt, but Duece then brees would have been my choice, still any of those 3 would have owned Fletcher!

So would Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers, but those were harder to find :cool:

4U2NV said:
:fire::fire::fire:

I have to disagree. This was worse:

1998 NFL Draft:

29 Miami Dolphins8 John Avery RB Mississippi (aquired in trade down with Green Bay (pick #19))

:fire: :fire: :fire:

knight6jb said:

if you build a time machine. make that your first order of business. to convince management at all costs what they should do in the draft.

bakedmatt said:
I have to disagree. This was worse:

1998 NFL Draft:

29 Miami Dolphins8 John Avery RB Mississippi (aquired in trade down with Green Bay (pick #19))

:fire: :fire: :fire:

Atleast it was for a need position. Spending a 1st on a CB if our team had more youth elsewhere would have been fine, but spending a 1st on a nickel corner when we have other needs, not to mention one doesn't fit our system was flat out stupid.

bakedmatt said:
if you build a time machine. make that your first order of business. to convince management at all costs what they should do in the draft.

I know, I am going to look into that....hmmm things we would know!!!:lol:

How bout we draft Vince Wilfork this year....

Or Mike Doss or Anquan Boldin instead of Eddie Moore in 03...

I don't call it hindsight. I just call it obvious.

Jaj said:
How bout we draft Vince Wilfork this year....

Or Mike Doss or Anquan Boldin instead of Eddie Moore in 03...

I don't call it hindsight. I just call it obvious.

Yea but hey thats wannstedt for ya.... but he is gone now and lets let the new beginning begin on saturday April 23!!!! Cant wait! a day to remember!

Back
Top Bottom