Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

James is better than Davis, and by a good margin. I know we like our feel good UDFAs coming up from nowhere to conquer the world stories, but the reality is, James isn't remotely close to as bad as some make him out to be. He should be signed to a long term, reasonable contract. Odds are pretty ****ing long that you'll find an RT on his level in the 2nd, let alone the 3rd, especially in this draft. Davis should be kept as a potential starter OG and good depth, something we've been sorely lacking.

And you're opting to trade a proven WR for the weak potential of any of those TEs turning into the mythical seam busting TE we all dream of. None of these gambles, and that's exactly what these trades are, make any sense. The odds of you finding talent at the level of James, let alone Landry, with either of those picks are most certainly not in your favor. Landry was a steal where we got him. He was the exception, not the typical find at that spot. James was over drafted, but if you land someone like him in the 2nd or 3rd, you've done quite well. A solid starter. All Pro? Clearly not, but certainly a decent-to-good starter.

The idea that we can only hold onto All Pro level talent is crazy. It's even crazier when the option chosen is for a crapshoot draft pick.

Maybe but line played ok with Davis and James just cannot stay healthy

All this talk about tag and trade is hilarious.

There isn't a team in the league that is going to fork over a 60 million dollar deal, and a top 50 comp pick to get it done.

Jarvis Landry is a Miami Dolphin in 2018. And you can take that to the bank.

Last edited:
This is so stupid. Landry simply isn't that good as a volume dependent slot WR, one lacking elite athletic ability but has anger issues.

Here's your options now:

1. One year rental (he holds leverage now when we offer the $8 or $10 million he's actually worth and he says "but you tagged me and paid me $16 million")
2. The tag get rescinded before he signs it after no one trades for him

A competent front office could easily find a replacement for Landry in the draft. If some other team wants to offer him top 5 money in FA, let them do it. Let other teams over pay for players. I'm tired of this franchise doing it.

There isn't a team in the league that is going to fork over a 60 million dollar deal, and a top 50 comp pick to get it done.

Jarvis Landry is Miami Dolphin in 2018. And you can take that to the bank.
It's possible they could trade another player along with Landry for comp. Pats did it w/ Cassell. There are previous examples of how this could play out in this article, like when we pulled Venon's tag.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ns-use-a-third-franchise-tag-on-kirk-cousins/

Landry is the only player I would say is worth over paying for, for this team. IMO he's the heart and soul of this team. Understood they haven't won anything, but the front office needs to send a message they are willing to do the right thing when it comes to a franchise type player like Landry.

Reactions: BSQ
If we let him walk, then he goes wins a Superbowl and mocks the team at the ring ceremony. Then you can all create a thread bitching and moaning about how we let him walk.
400 catches 4000 yards and 22 TD's 2nd round pick. Great work, pay the man he earned it.

Jarvis Landry is Miami Dolphin in 2018. And you can take that to the bank.

Maybe it would be a third and a five for instance. I think its pososble but will be difficult.

It would have to be a team with alot of picks (who they would
Probably trade away anyway or have to cut players) and cap space.

Cleveland seems possibly viable? Not sure who else.

Totally in agreement with you brother, this notion that the FO is in total disarray is funny to me. It's a smart move and the Dolphins have shown that they also have some leverage in this entire scenario. Imagine the Dolphins with an additional 1st round pick.

You're living in a fantasy world to think they will get a first round pick for him. Why on earth would a team be stupid enough to pay that price AND a huge contract. C'mon, he's good but he's not a QB.

Maybe it would be a third and a five for instance. I think its pososble but will be difficult.

It would have to be a team with alot of picks (who they would
Probably trade away anyway or have to cut players) and cap space.

Cleveland seems possibly viable? Not sure who else.

And you think JL will agree to go to Cleveland for a tiny bit more money?...They're not that far off in $$$. Why would he agree to that?

Landry is the only player I would say is worth over paying for, for this team. IMO he's the heart and soul of this team. Understood they haven't won anything, but the front office needs to send a message they are willing to do the right thing when it comes to a franchise type player like Landry.

He's a slot receiver, he's not a franchise type player. The right message to send to their fan base would be we are willing to be sensible with how we allocate our cap. I hope they know what they're doing. Landry still with a lot of leverage here.

And you think JL will agree to go to Cleveland for a tiny bit more money?...They're not that far off in $$$. Why would he agree to that?

Because he has played for four years for peanuts and Cleveland could easily offer him a 5-year/70 Million deal, with 30 of it guaranteed, including a 20M signing bonus in the first year, without breaking a sweat. That's why.

About time we kept some homegrown talent, about f****** time.

If we trade him for a 2nd to the Pats lets say, maybe we can draft Samson Satele's brother with the pick?

Back
Top Bottom