Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

If Miami has no intention on signing him to a deal how does Landry have any leverage nevermind all of it?

You know as well as I do he wont hold out during the season.

Simple, he signs the tender and plays for a whopping $16 million against the cap and then walks next year. He will make MORE under the tender than he would with what he's asking for. The team cannot trade him (realistically) unless he agrees to a deal with the team trading for him. He has a lot of leverage here.

They need to either trade him or let him walk. The money is better spent elsewhere. I love Jarvis being a Dolphin but his position doesn't warrant that kind of money.

Congratulations to the FO. We now have the highest paid DT and slot WR in the NFL I imagine most GM's in the NFL must be laughing at us right now.
We can't protect the QB and we can't cover the TE and we can't muster a real pass rush but lets give Landry 16mill and Suh over 20mill

Ozzy rules!!

Landry has the most receptions in NFL history in his first 4 years, and Suh is one of the best defensive players of his generation. Sure it would be nice if they were QB's or defensive ends etc. but these are great football players that significantly help any football team. If Tannehill comes back as I expect this year, we can be a good team again, keeping Landry is key for 2018.

And you think JL will agree to go to Cleveland for a tiny bit more money?...They're not that far off in $$$. Why would he agree to that?

You don’t know that are not far off in dollars. Jackson said they haven’t exchanged offers in months.

I think they are. They could again pull the tag also at some time unless Landry rushes to sign it, which if he really doesnt want to be here and get long term deal why would he?

Simple, he signs the tender and plays for a whopping $16 million against the cap and then walks next year. He will make MORE under the tender than he would with what he's asking for. The team cannot trade him (realistically) unless he agrees to a deal with the team trading for him. He has a lot of leverage here.
I think there is a zero percent chance he plays for the Dolphins on a 1 year, 16 million contract for 2018.

I'm not even interested in discussing trade possibilities because it's just not gonna happen. He will get locked up with a long term deal sooner or later.

I actually find it more likely that Parker gets traded.

But you're assuming JL will want to play for team that has won one game in two years...

Cleveland has put them selves in a position to improve, will thtey? Not sure, but I no longer am in the position of looking at them as a joke.

They are set up, just not sure if they have the right coach.

Landry has the most receptions in NFL history in his first 4 years, and Suh is one of the best defensive players of his generation. Sure it would be nice if they were QB's or defensive ends etc. but these are great football players.

Lol. So you think that makes JL a great receiver by catching a bunch of short throws? C'mon, man. Even Mike Furrey had almost 100 catches with the Lions one year. If you get targeted all the time in the middle, you catch balls. His catches are a function of a bad offense, not his excellence. Committing $16 million to him this year would be asinine. They're either doing this to keep the dogs away from sniffing around him at the combine in an effort to sign him long term or they're going to lift the tag and let him walk. He's a good player not a great one. No way he plays for $16 million this year, it makes no sense. Just sign him to a long term deal if you're willing to pay him that for one year.

I think there is a zero percent chance he plays for the Dolphins on a 1 year, 16 million contract for 2018.

I know I blame rain on Tannenbaum. ..but with this front office? It honestly wouldn't shock me

You don’t know that are not far off in dollars. Jackson said they haven’t exchanged offers in months.

I think they are. They could again pull the tag also at some time unless Landry rushes to sign it, which if he really doesnt want to be here and get long term deal why would he?

He supposedly asked for $14, with Miami offering under $13. Work in state tax considerations and the difference between playing for a team like Cleveland versus South Beach and you're not that far off. This comes down to guaranteed money. No, I don't think they're that far off.

At least we have a thread for a while to distract away from all the stupid RT topics.

Please get a1st for him now from whoever is stupid enough to pay that. I'd like us to be on the other end of a stupid transaction for once.
I would love a first. My hunch is that we wind up with a 2nd or 3rd.

I'm not even interested in discussing trade possibilities because it's just not gonna happen. He will get locked up with a long term deal sooner or later.

I actually find it more likely that Parker gets traded.
Why tag him so quickly then?

He supposedly asked for $14, with Miami offering under $13. Work in state tax considerations and the difference between playing for a team like Cleveland versus South Beach and you're not that far off. This comes down to guaranteed money. No, I don't think they're that far off.

Maybe. We shall see how it unfolds.

Back
Top Bottom