Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

Yet he has a 10.1 ypc average and led the team in TDs last year. What does that say about the other WRs if he is who you claim him to be?
Do you really believe he should be the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL? Yes at last he scored some TD's and they were all inside the 10. He gets you no chunk yards. I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm saying you don't win by giving him 16mill and ignoring all the other needs we have

Ozzy rules!!

Not pissed about keeping him. Pissed about keeping him at that price. Don't take it out of context

Ozzy rules!!
He’s worth the price to keep. IMO we are working on a long term deal which will be better. Honestly if this tag is just for this year and then we let him walk then yes I don’t agree with that at all.

We all saw this coming.....

Yeah, 16 is way too much.

Now that we’ve tagged him, speculation can turn to Now what?

Landry-
“My agent and I talked about being a leader and setting a good example so I silenced all those things by going to OTAs and training camp, by putting the team first and being a team guy. I feel like in the NFL, they preach loyalty and family and they have none for you. As a player, you see it’s not a family during negotiations, how it becomes them versus me or me versus them. That’s part of the NFL I believe the fans don’t see.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article201220184.html#storylink=cpy

We see it Jarvis, and we see that the price YOU want may not be what you're worth in other people's eyes.

I think the extension will come prior to camp.

Good faith move by Miami

Brass tax time still to come

He’s worth the price to keep. IMO we are working on a long term deal which will be better. Honestly if this tag is just for this year and then we let him walk then yes I don’t agree with that at all.
Wait, you said he's worth the price but then you said if it's for one year then he's not? That's what the tag is. One year. You can't have it both ways. He's either worth it or not. He'd be the 3rd highest paid WR in the NFL so tell me again, is he worth that?

Ozzy rules!!

I wonder if this move precludes a contract restructure

To say....suh

Hmmmmmmmm

No, they should have traded him at the deadline this

For what? A 3rd round pick that would have been 6 picks higher than the comp pick letting him walk would have gotten us? I'm sure Tbaum would have traded him if he could have gotten a 2nd, he obviously has issues with Landry.

Heavy 11 personnel offense again in 2018
You mean more of the same once again? But hey, the FO will have the most amazing draft ever and cover every hole the team has since we'll have no money left now for free agents. The FO just sucks

Ozzy rules!!

I would think with Landry being franchised, the report, Miami was going to cut ties with James, Timmons and Thomas, freeing up about $18m in Cap; is true.

For what? A 3rd round pick that would have been 6 picks higher than the comp pick letting him walk would have gotten us? I'm sure Tbaum would have traded him if he could have gotten a 2nd, he obviously has issues with Landry.

Supposedly Chicago offered a 2nd. Miami balked. As they should have

He would have found top 5 money in free agency fellas. Too productive too consistent. Mike Wallace got paid #1 wr money in free agency as in top paid he wasn’t top 5.

It happens. Juice is 25 or 26 never misses a game it’s an easy contract to feel you will get full return on over the terms as a free agent

I expect we get a long term deal done at some point. Hopefully before FA starts so we can give ourselves some room

I would think with Landry being franchised, the report, Miami was going to cut ties with James, Timmons and Thomas, freeing up about $18m in Cap; is true.

Yeah I would expect those moves to come quick now with James being the possible resign at a cheaper rate

I still think suh is a primary restructure candidate

Back
Top Bottom