Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

Nfl.com had juice as the 2nd rated wr including the draft options behind the Jax kid Robinson and he’s coming off an acl.

Juice would have found big money as a free agent

Supposedly Chicago offered a 2nd. Miami balked. As they should have

He would have found top 5 money in free agency fellas. Too productive too consistent. Mike Wallace got paid #1 wr money in free agency as in top paid he wasn’t top 5.

It happens. Juice is 25 or 26 never misses a game it’s an easy contract to feel you will get full return on over the terms as a free agent
So what do you suggest we do about getting help we need at LB,OG.TE.DE,FS and of course we need a back up QB and RB?
I guess this means we're done with free agency so it's on to the draft. Landry won't get us to the super bowl. Getting help in all those spots would go a long way. I just got to laugh at paying a slot WR 16mill.....only this FO

Ozzy rules!!

Supposedly Chicago offered a 2nd. Miami balked. As they should have

He would have found top 5 money in free agency fellas. Too productive too consistent. Mike Wallace got paid #1 wr money in free agency as in top paid he wasn’t top 5.

It happens. Juice is 25 or 26 never misses a game it’s an easy contract to feel you will get full return on over the terms as a free agent

Could be, but tough to tell what exactly was on the table with any of these offers. That said, I am a big Landry fan, as if you guys couldnt tell. I'm just pissed at the way this whole thing was handled.

And as much as I want him to stay, I dont like the way this tag smells.

Could be, but tough to tell what exactly was on the table with any of these offers. That said, I am a big Landry fan, as if you guys couldnt tell. I'm just pissed at the way this whole thing was handled.

And as much as I want him to stay, I dont like the way this tag smells.

What’s it smell like to you?

Try to get an extension done at the combine

If not the tags a fall back with 1st round comp. pretty much ensures he returns I’d say

The only downside is he signs it right? We can rescind it at any time, right?

Smells like a trade.

What are the trade parameters on the tag? If it requires a 1st round pick I doubt it but the wr class isn’t all that good so I guess it can’t be ruled out. Has to be small chance if it’s long term contract and first round pick return. Quite a price

No ones trading for him on a one year for a first rounder I can guarantee that

Landry holds all the cards. Anyone thinking we now have leverage to get a deal is kidding themselves.

There is no scenario where he has to compromise. What is the worst that could happen for him? Play out the year on the tag @ $16M?

Any deal he signs will be on his terms.

In fact, I think Miami is trying to fend off suitors with the threat of two 1st round draft picks. And that is about all they have done: protect their right to negotiate for 1 year.

Landry will still demand top money.

What are the trade parameters on the tag? If it requires a 1st round pick I doubt it but the wr class isn’t all that good so I guess it can’t be ruled out. Has to be small chance if it’s contract and first round pick return. Quite a price

My understanding is that the trade terms can be negotiated. So if a team offered a 7th to lift the tag and Tbaum said ok, that would work. However if no trade is negotiated and Landry signs with another team, then they would be on the hook for a 1st round pick.

Back
Top Bottom