Dolphins | Ginn could challenge for time at receiver | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Ginn could challenge for time at receiver

Well Blame cameron for putting his foot in his mouth at his press conferance.

Nick? Is that you? Is your avatar you mooning the phins fans and orginization as you head to Bama?

If I were Cameron, I could see Ginn being put into the game in a lot of 1st down and short yardage situations also. The threat of his speed on 1st downs would open the playbook to more possibilities, and his presence in short yardage situations would surely cause defensive coordinators to think twice about having players cheat up closer to the line of scrimmage.

Yep. Exactly. I dont know why anyone didnt know this right away. Ted Ginn brings all kinds of speed and all kinds of problems for the other teams defense to the table. His ability to stretch the field coupled with Greens ability to connect on deep passes will give everyone fits. It is going to open up a ton of things for the dolphins.

1) Chambers is going to have a field day with this. Especially in 3 wide sets on 3rd and short/medium coming out of the slot. In time Ginn is going to take a couple of players with him down the field or at least have a safety be responsible for the deep lookout. As soon as the corner covering him has to break off and try and get to Chambers(who will be open alot underneath) that safety better be with it or trust me, Green will find Ginn deep.

2) The run game as you say will benefit tremendously, especially on 2nd and short. The dolphins will not be afraid to go for the kill shot in this situation.

3) Keep sleeping on Booker everyone. Marty Booker will be a great asset to this offense. He is one of the better guys in the league that is 2nd on a depth chart. He is more than capable of big plays himself. I think at one point late in the season last year he lead all WR's for plays of 40+ yards from scrimage. Look for end arounds and reverses when he and Ginn are the only 2 WR's on the field and are split wide. Both of them have the ability to take a carry for a big gainer. Good luck to defenses when one gets the ball on the end around and you have to be ready for the reverse or the one who got the ball on the end around keeping it. This will be a play used often IMO.

4) To think the phins drafted Ginn for his kick return skills alone is ridiculous. Cam has everyones head spinning. I love it. This guy is a genius when it comes to addressing the media. He's not a prick like Saban and although its easy to see through Cam's talk and tell whats really going on for most of us, everything he has said does indeed take pressure off Ginn and place it on Cam himself. Thats what a true leader does as a coach. Good job Cam. Ginn is a WR first and KR second. But, dont think those KR skills arent a huge asset as well.

Nick? Is that you? Is your avatar you mooning the phins fans and orginization as you head to Bama?

I was never a fan of Nick and criticized him alot only to get beat over the head by he knows alot more about football than you type crap. I was all over him last year for the Jason Allen pick so its not like I'm pissed that saban left, we should have hired Bates over him anyway but Bates was not a sexy pick.

I was never a fan of Nick and criticized him alot only to get beat over the head by he knows alot more about football than you type crap. I was all over him last year for the Jason Allen pick so its not like I'm pissed that saban left, we should have hired Bates over him anyway but Bates was not a sexy pick.

I dont doubt for one second that you bashed him left and right. That seems to be you MO. Bashing people in the dolphins orginization not named Culpepper. No disrespect here man and I dont have a problem with you personally but, you seem to be full oh HATERADE when it comes to the phins. Stop drinking so much of it. Its almost like your rooting for the phins to lose the Culpepper hearing. They wont btw. You never say anything positive about Cam or Trent Green either. I know they came out with a bunch of new flavors but, stop drinking so much Haterade when it comes to the phins.

Dave, I sure hope you're right on this one! I was NOT a happy camper on draft day. Ginn had BETTER be able to play WR...OR ELSE (Heads will roll in Miami and Cams will be the first to hit the ground.)

Its understandable to be worried. He is a bit raw as a WR. But then again, the guy everyone wanted (even me until after the dust settled) is a bit raw as a QB (just like every rookie QB is). So which one was really the riskier choice?

Let me rephrase what I said earlier. Ginn is a kick returner. He is also a punt returner, slot receiver, flanker, and just a plain offensive weapon. The guy is a freak. I'm not sure I've ever seen a faster guy on a football field, and I watched a lot of Reggie Bush his last year in college. Look at Reggie Bush last year. Would you call him just a running back. If you did you would have to call him a backup running back. Do you hear any Saints fans complaining that they only got a backup running back with their 2nd overall pick?

I think Ginn will be a backup WR just like Bush was a backup RB. And if he stays healthy, I can see him making a similar impact on our team.

I dont doubt for one second that you bashed him left and right. That seems to be you MO. Bashing people in the dolphins orginization not named Culpepper. No disrespect here man and I dont have a problem with you personally but, you seem to be full oh HATERADE when it comes to the phins. Stop drinking so much of it. Its almost like your rooting for the phins to lose the Culpepper hearing. They wont btw. You never say anything positive about Cam or Trent Green either. I know they came out with a bunch of new flavors but, stop drinking so much Haterade when it comes to the phins.
I disagree on the Pep thing. This is a classless act by the front office that will only serve to hurt our future. How many veterans do you think seen what happened to the local QB that wanted to help us so bad he rushed and allowed himself to be rushed back only to be treated like a cancer or something? This classless act will end up hurting us in FA and will make us have to outbid and over pay in the future. Mark my words "nothing good will come of this".

Yep.

Well its just I don't buy into the flavoraid we have been selling. Its fashionable to now bash Saban and say that Cameron is much better.
Saban was here for two years and basically left the organization the same as he found it although might have drafted better than the people before him.
We have not even played one game and people are ready to annoint Cameron as a coaching genius that drafted 5 pro bowlers in his first draft. I call them as I see them and what have we added that makes you think we are that much better. I personally think Oline and Qb were more of a priority than a returnman/backup Wr and a backup Rb. I have said little negative about cameron and have nothing positive at this point to say about A 37 year old green. If you want me to say something positive about Green I will go back a couple of years to find something good about him. If I'm wrong about him i will be the first to come out and say it. Some of you people act like you have seen a dolphins team in the playoffs in the last few years, i guess my television does not pick up that channel.

I disagree on the Pep thing. This is a classless act by the front office that will only serve to hurt our future. How many veterans do you think seen what happened to the local QB that wanted to help us so bad he rushed and allowed himself to be rushed back only to be treated like a cancer or something? This classless act will end up hurting us in FA and will make us have to outbid and over pay in the future. Mark my words "nothing good will come of this".

I agree if we are going to just hold on to him to him, why not end this here. what do we gain by holding him without playing him or practicing him. It makes other teams assume we are hiding a possible injury or something. No dolphin player has come out and said anything negative about pepper. Kc at least was going to let green practice.

#1 Chambers
#2 Ginn Jr
#3 Hagan...this would be sweet

#1 Chambers
#2 Ginn Jr
#3 Hagan...this would be sweet
You left out our most reliable WR in Booker. I mean he is the one that actually catches the ball and has been at the top of the league the last 2 years in average yards per catch. If chambers don't get his crap together then Marty (whom I might add led us is almost everything last year0 should be our guy and Chambers(whom has underperformed after the big contract) should be traded if anyone wants one of the alltime greatest droppers.

You left out our most reliable WR in Booker. I mean he is the one that actually catches the ball and has been at the top of the league the last 2 years in average yards per catch. If chambers don't get his crap together then Marty (whom I might add led us is almost everything last year0 should be our guy and Chambers(whom has underperformed after the big contract) should be traded if anyone wants one of the alltime greatest droppers.

Actually Chambers set career highs in receptions, yards and tied a career high in tds AFTER he signed his big contract.

Actually Chambers set career highs in receptions, yards and tied a career high in tds AFTER he signed his big contract.
What about last year and the year before? It's all about the NOW. If he can't perform like he is getting paid then we need to cut ties. What are we going to do. Give him a new contract worthy of a probowler every year to get him to concentrate and do his job. Marty has been our best WR since he got here and Chambers still gets the ball forced to him time and time again because of one year he had. Step up or get out is the message us Dolphin fans needs to send him and quit letting player fans give him free passes. Booker has had the same amount of QB's while they've been here so there is another excuse CC and his loyalist can't use.

What about last year and the year before? It's all about the NOW. If he can't perform like he is getting paid then we need to cut ties. What are we going to do. Give him a new contract worthy of a probowler every year to get him to concentrate and do his job. Marty has been our best WR since he got here and Chambers still gets the ball forced to him time and time again because of one year he had. Step up or get out is the message us Dolphin fans needs to send him and quit letting player fans give him free passes. Booker has had the same amount of QB's while they've been here so there is another excuse CC and his loyalist can't use.

And they had similar stats last year......sooooo I'm not sure exactly what that says. Though I do think he needs to put up the numbers he is getting paid to.

Until last year, Chambers had set career highs in receptions each year he has been in the league.

Booker has been the best WR since he got here??? Booker has yet to catch more than 60 passes in any of the years he has been here and you contend that he has been our best WR?

Back
Top Bottom