Dolphins Gm: Not Tanking In '19, Despite Rebuild | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Gm: Not Tanking In '19, Despite Rebuild

I'll have a better reading once his wife removes you and a few others from his groin area, but if I a absolutely must venture a guess...6-10, no better than 8-8.

I would want Flores a** to be directed toward the nearest hotseat.

Homophobic insults are showing your age and there's absolutely nothing wrong with you coming out of the closet.:lol:

Keep practicing though.

i dont know that getting rid of the high priced vets who were the main reason we sucked can be equated to tanking. had we kept them maybe.

No team will admit that tanking is an option if asked in front of a camera and a boatload of reporters. Come on now.

With that said I’m ok with any direction this team goes whether they actually tank or don’t. I have a lot of faith with this regime with whatever they choose to do

I don't think many (if any) team starts out with a plan to tank a whole season....it not only affects the team dynamics but the reputation/stats/potential future of all the players & coaches (btw...how could anyone be sure in this day and age one of them wouldn't rat out about it or use as a bargaining chip for more money or extortion against being fired??). Granted, not everyone would have to know but a few people (at least the head coach and maybe OC/DC) would need to be in on it and would then have the FO over a barrel when there was an eventual falling out.

HOWEVER...when a tipping point comes mid or late season and you are 3-8 or 4-9, etc. , I can see (and really would not have a problem with) a team caving and losing its remaining games to be in a better position come draft time. I'm sure that's happened and teams have taken that chance to be in a high draft spot vs. finishing 7-9 or 8-8 (alas...the Dolphins apparently have never got the memo/plan).

I don't think many (if any) team starts out with a plan to tank a whole season....it not only affects the team dynamics but the reputation/stats/potential future of all the players & coaches (btw...how could anyone be sure in this day and age one of them wouldn't rat out about it or use as a bargaining chip for more money or extortion against being fired??). Granted, not everyone would have to know but a few people (at least the head coach and maybe OC/DC) would need to be in on it and would then have the FO over a barrel when there was an eventual falling out.

HOWEVER...when a tipping point comes mid or late season and you are 3-8 or 4-9, etc. , I can see (and really would not have a problem with) a team caving and losing its remaining games to be in a better position come draft time. I'm sure that's happened and teams have taken that chance to be in a high draft spot vs. finishing 7-9 or 8-8 (alas...the Dolphins apparently have never got the memo/plan).

This is thee only way it can happen period.

The Colts didn't suck for Luck, they waited till they sucked mid season and made it look natural in the final 6 weeks.

Heck they even pulled out a win when they knew they had the #1 locked up.

If Luke Falk is the starting QB in game 1, and you don't think we're tanking...you probably still believe in the Easter bunny.

People like Nick Foles, Tom Brady or even Trent Dilfer who won superbowls were known to you back then? Household names? Or was it injuries to Bledsoe, Wentz and Collins that put them in that position? How about giving everyone a fair shot!!!

It doesn't matter what is call. I think most people here are sick and tired of the middle of the pack years. Never good enough but never bad enough. Once Tanny's gone if we start any QB that's on the roster right now will get us a top 5 pick and I'm ok with that as long as we draft smart this year and use free agency the smart way too. I don't feel that it has to be Tua. There's going to be at least 3 pretty good QB's in 2020. Get the right players for both lines this year and get your QB next year and with a better cap space in 2020 we can add a couple of good players too.

Back
Top Bottom