Dolphins grab Boston College offensive lineman in Touchdown Wire mock draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins grab Boston College offensive lineman in Touchdown Wire mock draft

Again, a General is not a Private and a Private is not a General (except possibly on FinHeaven).
Don't confuse the two.

You clearly have no sense as to the difference between who is in charge and who is just support staff.

Misrepresentation of that level of responsibility is tantamount to perjury. When are you intending to run for Congress? - LOL
You clearly have been watching a different team than I have for the last two decades.

:)

You clearly have been watching a different team than I have for the last two decades.

:)
Changing the goal posts again?

Well, that's one way to evade coming to grips with a false hypothesis once it's been countered with the truth. - LOL

Well, that's one way to evade coming to grips with a false hypothesis once it's been countered with the truth. - LOL
I mean what is false about the fact that the Miami dolphins are bad at drafting offensive lineman? No matter the level Grier was involved, he has a hand in it

I posted this in the draft forum....
But here is the database of every 2022 mock draft out so far

fins only mocks...

I mean what is false about the fact that the Miami dolphins are bad at drafting offensive lineman? No matter the level Grier was involved, he has a hand in it
As a member of the scouting department, what final decisions did he make as to who we drafted?
I'm sure you are having trouble coming to grips with that so let me help you - the answer is NONE.

Now go back and see if you can figure out why that is the case. I'll give you a hint - HE WASN'T IN CHARGE of selecting who was drafted.

There, that should help you - LOL

I am not interested in seeing more "moving of the goal posts", circular reasoning and opinions being presented as facts, thank you very much.

You can’t put coaching as an excuse to why players aren’t successful…
Thank you for the insight. I disagree with the above statement. Coaches can absolutely impact the play of an individual. One example would be if your coach is coked out first thing in the morning walking with wobbly legs after a night of riding a hooker. Another may be your coach doesn't believe in you and wants someone else. Either way the attitude of the player could be affected, and if your mind isn.t right how can you perform at this level? If 1 or 2 players from a position group is affected good luck in a team sport.

I see your point but, poor coaching isn't an excuse, it's a reason. Coaches teach, encourage and push for excellence. they don't demoralize, demonize and destroy. Baseball is a team game but there is plenty of room for 1 on 1 battles within the game IMO. Golf ... well there's hardly a teammate to rely on. Football is different and this team game requires several people doing what they are supposed to do so the other guys can work with you to achieve success.

Probably just agree to disagree on that part.

I noticed he had braces on both legs.
Is that going to be a problem in the NFL?
Not at all. If you're playing offensive line at any level above Pop Warner, your coach is going to want you to wear knee braces to give at least some protection when a defender rolls into your legs.

A lot of regression this year, how much do you pan that on coaching, how much on players.

We will go over every one on the OL drafted and whats happening

Sackson...Has everything you could look for in a player, but raw. we drafted him for the potential high ceiling, the issue with the high ceiling is...you need someone to build that up, we havent had that the last two year...coaching
Eich... was supposed to be plug and play, well yeah lets line him up all over the place, keep zero consistency with what we are doing with him all thru training camp, then wind up putting him at a position that he says isnt his strongest....coaching
Hunt...looks like a stud, looked like a stud at RT after 2020, so lets change his position to a less valuable one...surefire starter going forward but is coaching trying to **** with him
Kindley...showed up out of shape and i guess never got himself out of the dog house, showed promise at times but self-discipline
Deiter... potentially finally settled in at C after a couple of years and showed he can be a starter. Was on Remington watch list his last year of college so maybe they should've made the move sooner.
Isaac Asiata...I liked in college, just didnt pan out in pros, we got him in the 5th round where projections had him day 2, so it wasn't a bad swing for Grier
Tunsil...all pro material, but was no brainer pick when he slid

excluding final round projects, those are all the OL picks Grier has made since GM. With proper coaching, i see zero reason why we cant have Jackson, Eich, and Dieter all join Hunt as efficient offensive linemen next year. Kindley should be able to remain on the roster if he shows discipline, and of the above 4 i mentioned, if any were replaced by a FA, high draft pick, their would be zero reason they shouldnt be a top quality backup for the team with proper coaching

As a member of the scouting department, what final decisions did he make as to who we drafted?
I'm sure you are having trouble coming to grips with that so let me help you - the answer is NONE.

Now go back and see if you can figure out why that is the case. I'll give you a hint - HE WASN'T IN CHARGE of selecting who was drafted.

I am not interested in seeing more "moving of the goal posts", circular reasoning and opinions being presented as facts, thank you very much.

Back at ECU it was standard for all OL to wear knee braces

No more guards alleged to be able to play multiple positions. We already have at least four of those on rookie contracts.

Give me a pure tackle early (Penning, Kennard, or Faalele) and a pure center in the mid-rounds.

Grier is the only consistent during that time.
Grier may be the only constant in the mix but, every time we have a turnover in the coaching ranks philosophies change ... schemes change ... blocking techniques are tinkered with. Then we draft according to the new coaches' plan adding new players in with the old mix ... then a couple years later rinse and repeat. If you think a lack of continuity among the coaching staff doesn't affect the play and attitudes of the players, then we disagree. Grier doesn't coach these players. The players also realize their playing window is only open for so long ... as well as their dreams and goals.

Maybe other GM's have the core team in place and their picks don't hurt as much when they "miss". We don't have that luxury. The players we draft need to start and be productive day one in most cases. Sometimes, in the NFL, players need q1-3n yrs. to develop and get up to speed. The coaching staff can't be a swinging door. The stability starts with coaching. Stability means you have built a core then building on that core becomes much easier.

Thinking ANY GM is going to remake your team every few years is fools gold. This team needs an identity before we can realistically expect the drafted players to fit. Ther are exceptions but even those will wither and die without consistency and complimentary players. It can't be easy drafting complimentary players without a solid foundation.

A lot of regression this year, how much do you pan that on coaching, how much on players.

We will go over every one on the OL drafted and whats happening

Sackson...Has everything you could look for in a player, but raw. we drafted him for the potential high ceiling, the issue with the high ceiling is...you need someone to build that up, we havent had that the last two year...coaching
Eich... was supposed to be plug and play, well yeah lets line him up all over the place, keep zero consistency with what we are doing with him all thru training camp, then wind up putting him at a position that he says isnt his strongest....coaching
Hunt...looks like a stud, looked like a stud at RT after 2020, so lets change his position to a less valuable one...surefire starter going forward but is coaching trying to **** with him
Kindley...showed up out of shape and i guess never got himself out of the dog house, showed promise at times but self-discipline
Deiter... potentially finally settled in at C after a couple of years and showed he can be a starter. Was on Remington watch list his last year of college so maybe they should've made the move sooner.
Isaac Asiata...I liked in college, just didnt pan out in pros, we got him in the 5th round where projections had him day 2, so it wasn't a bad swing for Grier
Tunsil...all pro material, but was no brainer pick when he slid

excluding final round projects, those are all the OL picks Grier has made since GM. With proper coaching, i see zero reason why we cant have Jackson, Eich, and Dieter all join Hunt as efficient offensive linemen next year. Kindley should be able to remain on the roster if he shows discipline, and of the above 4 i mentioned, if any were replaced by a FA, high draft pick, their would be zero reason they shouldnt be a top quality backup for the team with proper coaching
I’m usually an optimist but you guys need to come to grips that some of these guys are just bad players. Sure you want to only give credit to Grier for those since he’s been a GM. Fine- he lucked into tunsil and Hunt has been decent

I have no idea why some of you guys are defending these guys so much. 10-20 years of sucking is enough

They have been playing along time. They don’t suck compared to players who haven’t been drafted into the NFL but this is the NFL and the NFL game is MUCH faster and the players are MUCH stronger than college players in general. You can’t put coaching as an excuse to why players aren’t successful… These players that have left the Dolphins and are playing elsewhere aren’t dramatically better on other teams… Prince may start for the Bengals but he is not an average tackle, he is still below average. Billy Turner is maybe league average with the Packers and he has been in this league for 8 years.

Now because the speed of NFL league is faster and players are stronger not every player drafted is a plug n play player their first or even second year… Some players take time to develop.. Grier drafted these o-lineman early and they were billed as plug n play lineman.

Based on my personal experience playing sports, I don’t think coaching dramatically influences a players success.. You can either play or you can’t at a specific level until you can’t based on your ability to play that game.

I played DII baseball and started every game as a freshman, I played in front of juniors and seniors who had more college coaching than I did coming in. I was moved to 2 different positions that freshman year because I could hit… I had no problems playing the other positions defensively with limited instruction.

I also play golf to a 3 handicap and have never had a lesson in my life. I think it comes down to a players ability more so than coaching. Just my opinion.

So when a scheme requires specific technique, players should just know that technique without coaching?

I'm also not sure DII baseball is comparable to any professional sport, even baseball itself.

At that level talent overrides a lot of things. When the talent level becomes a lot more even, like in the NFL, positional coaching becomes more important.

Do you think the offensive line has adequate talent on it? What about in the last 15 years? Has the it been fine? Or just all coaching

I’d say a combination of that- but we absolutely must infuse talent into that unit

Dude you’re talking nonsense at this point.

And I’m a little shocked anyone wants to try to change the facts of the last two decade. It’s not opinion that we have been the definition of mediocre for 2 decades and that our offensive line has been putrid. Those are facts.

*Cue some inane response that ends w a LOL*

Back
Top Bottom