Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why

All sound like good guesses. But judging by who they took, it's also realistic to assume that they didn't want anyone who was highly rated at those spots. I

Yes, please let the people who this FO led by the nose to the point they were literally duped we wouldn't pick Tua at 5, give us their "educated" guesses.....sigh.

There are few things more useless than local sports media in Miami.

People should get their Dolphin news from one place only,,, 3YPC podcast.

I'd bet early on teams were insisting on getting in on some of those 21 picks. That's probably where they backed out.

Another thing - if the Niners were set on replacing Buckner first, WR later.... they probably don't get Kinlaw at 18.

Oh I missed that the source for the "table slams" rumor is from the hacks at the Miami Herald. So basically nothing to see here.

Who wouldve expected New Orleans to draft Ruiz....literally the last team I'd expect to take the absolute clear #1 Center in the class. Their center last year (#2 or #3 in the class, picked in round 2) was awesome and in the pro bowl i think? Absolute nonsense to me. It is bullshit that teams like that can get a good draft grade when you pick retarded picks like that.

I think they thought Isiah Wilson would get to 30...and Dobbins to 56
I agree. I think both those players were on their radar. Dobbins I don’t know why they thought he’d fall. Wilson they may have thought they were the only ones with a round 1 grade on him.

It took 2 4th round pics or was it a 4th and a 5th just to move up in the 4th. I'm pretty sure they tried but the price was too high.

Yeah, this is what some people have a hard time understanding.

You might want something. You might hope it's there or that you get it. However, the price to make sure you get it isn't worth it. You have to allocate resources somewhere else, and you feel that you can get something else of similar quality while still keeping resources to acquire what else you need.

So that guy you really like gets close to your pick but then someone else takes him one pick before you. However, the difference between that guy and your next guy isn't that great, and you have so many other needs, so it's more irritating that something that messes up your day. You got a player you like nearly as much as the one you missed, but you also got another player who upgrades your team who you wouldn't have gotten it you traded to move up one or two spots.

I agree. I think both those players were on their radar. Dobbins I don’t know why they thought he’d fall. Wilson they may have thought they were the only ones with a round 1 grade on him.

Probably get Wilson at 30 then Dobbins at 39 if that is the case maybe.

But Noah seems like a fit as well at Nickel.

They would pick swift or CEH at 39.
Thus 1st slam when kc got CEH, then 2nd slam after swift gone

Back
Top Bottom