Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why

I don’t think Miami was drafting a RB period. If so they would have taken Dobbins at 39

No one to blame but themselves. Had the ammo didn’t use it.

not having to use ammo to get tua was a serious boost and still didn’t go get guys.

why? heck if I know

It was likely the same times I slammed my couch, when Dobbins got picked one pick before us and when Cesar Ruiz went to the saints. Although I've heard it was Brandon Ayuik they wanted. Either way, j think it was pick 30 and 56.

Really would have liked us to go get Wirfs. I would have given a 2nd to make the jump.

Most of the people clamoring for the rapid fire trade-up scenarios don't actually take the time to think it out.

- Trade up for Wirfs. It took TB a 4th to move up ONE SPOT. Lets be GENEROUS and say it takes 56 for them to move down 5 spots. 1 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 3 5ths (Wouldn't happen anyway because they wanted Kinlaw who would be gone by 18, but just for the sake of argument)

- Blindly Trade up for Ruiz cuz nobody saw NO drafting a C 2 years in a row. Lets say it takes a 4th and 5th to move up. 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 2 5ths left.

-Blindly trade up for Dobbins because it makes sense to everyone else for Balt to be in on Dobbins while having a 1.2k rushing QB and a 1k RB. Lets be GENEROUS again and say it takes our last 2 5th rounders. 1 3rd left

With Wirfs, Ruiz, Dobbins and JUST a 3rd left what the **** else do we have to Trade Up yet again to stop the Jets from stepping on us to land the OTHER player everybody here wanted? This exercise was being extremely generous on trade compensation and we still end up with only 4 top 100 selections. People just want to whine because we didn't pick someone they like. Or make a move that's "so obvious" in hindsight. Revisionist history is EASY.

Most of the people clamoring for the rapid fire trade-up scenarios don't actually take the time to think it out.

- Trade up for Wirfs. It took TB a 4th to move up ONE SPOT. Lets be GENEROUS and say it takes 56 for them to move down 5 spots. 1 1sts, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th, 3 5ths (Wouldn't happen anyway because they wanted Kinlaw who would be gone by 18, but just for the sake of argument)

- Blindly Trade up for Ruiz cuz nobody saw NO drafting a C 2 years in a row. Lets say it takes a 4th and 5th to move up. 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 2 5ths left.

-Blindly trade up for Dobbins because it makes sense to everyone else for Balt to be in on Dobbins while having a 1.2k rushing QB and a 1k RB. Lets be GENEROUS again and say it takes our last 2 5th rounders. 1 3rd left

With Wirfs, Ruiz, Dobbins and JUST a 3rd left what the **** else do we have to Trade Up yet again to stop the Jets from stepping on us to land the OTHER player everybody here wanted? This exercise was being extremely generous on trade compensation and we still end up with only 4 top 100 selections. People just want to whine because we didn't pick someone they like. Or make a move that's "so obvious" in hindsight. Revisionist history is EASY.

Exactamundo....

Who wouldve expected New Orleans to draft Ruiz....literally the last team I'd expect to take the absolute clear #1 Center in the class. Their center last year (#2 or #3 in the class, picked in round 2) was awesome and in the pro bowl i think? Absolute nonsense to me. It is bullshit that teams like that can get a good draft grade when you pick retarded picks like that.

Don’t sour grape it with your response that the Saints don’t even need him and they are givengood draft grades lol. The Saints are in the playoffs every year because they can evaluate talent!!! They will be able to slide Ruiz over to right guard, no problem. I wanted both McCoy last year and Ruiz this year, but it didn’t happen. You should be upset with the Dolphins front office instead of bitching about the Saints lol. Our line has been terrible for so long and we had the opportunity to draft McCoy last year with our 42nd pick but instead we trade the pick to the Saints and they end up drafting Mccoy (Pro bowl in rookie year lol) . We package their pick at 48 along with our 4th for Rosen and at the time most everyone on this site thought that was such a steal by our front office. Rosen gets in 6 games with 3 starts and they decide he’s not the guy Lol. I don’t know about you but I would much rather have a perennial pro bowl center in McCoy than a career backup like Rosen. But as some posters on here said “ Rosen can really spin it”. Lol

I definitely "slammed the table" when Dallas picked Lamb at 17. Also when the Ravens picked Dobbins, but if they were weighing that pick against a 5th rounder for Breida, I pick Breida.

Oh I missed that the source for the "table slams" rumor is from the hacks at the Miami Herald. So basically nothing to see here.
The source is Grier and Flo who joked about it on camera to the media and Brian said no one will ever kno about what the drama in the back rooms was about in regards to which players

Revisionist History? This thread is about moments in time, not after the fact.
It wasn’t revisionist when we wanted Wirfs and SF traded their pick to TB. We could have given them more.
When Lamb was sliding down a trade up would not have killed us.
Dobbins coming to 56, I don’t know at what spot you stop that slide but more than a ham sandwich would have moved you up at some point.
No one said we didn’t have to use certain picks, that it wasn’t costly. I know no one cares about garbage 7th rounders. They just listed different times, players and places. No one said we use every move like you listed. The fact is we USED NONE. That is the gist of it all. No move for Wirfs? Fine, no move for a Lamb? Fine, RB? OK, when then? For Weaver? Uh, OK, way to go for it.

Back
Top Bottom