Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why

The source is Grier and Flo who joked about it on camera to the media and Brian said no one will ever kno about what the drama in the back rooms was about in regards to which players

If they slammed the table that’s on them with what they had to work with. If they thought Dobbins was a slam dunk at 56 (example) then shame on them.
Makes me wonder if they would have let Tua get away if another team became aggressive on a trade up. This draft would have truly been tragic then.

First slam was probably Ruiz. You have to think he is definitely there, when the team right before your pick drafted a center last draft.

The first slam had to be when they couldn't trade up for Wirfs. That would have been huge. Followed by Ceedee Lamb, Ruiz, Dobbins, and I think the S that went right before we took Jones. Seemed like we just missed on quite a few guys this draft unfortunately.

Revisionist History? This thread is about moments in time, not after the fact.
It wasn’t revisionist when we wanted Wirfs and SF traded their pick to TB. We could have given them more.
When Lamb was sliding down a trade up would not have killed us.
Dobbins coming to 56, I don’t know at what spot you stop that slide but more than a ham sandwich would have moved you up at some point.
No one said we didn’t have to use certain picks, that it wasn’t costly. I know no one cares about garbage 7th rounders. They just listed different times, players and places. No one said we use every move like you listed. The fact is we USED NONE. That is the gist of it all. No move for Wirfs? Fine, no move for a Lamb? Fine, RB? OK, when then? For Weaver? Uh, OK, way to go for it.
We could've offered what to SF to make them miss the player they had their eyes on? Was heavily reported that they loved Kinlaw, who wouldn't be there at 18. So how much to move them 5 spots? Just take a guess, if a 4th was used to move ONE SPOT.

Dobbins went exactly one pick before us, to a team who most certainly didn't need RB help. Unless you were clamoring for the trade before Balts pick then you can save all that whining.

Same goes for Ruiz, NO took a damned good C last season why would we think they'd grab another C exactly one pick before us, again unless you were clamoring for a trade up BEFORE NO's pick them you have no ground to stand on.

Again, revisionist history is EASY.

If they slammed the table that’s on them with what they had to work with. If they thought Dobbins was a slam dunk at 56 (example) then shame on them.
Makes me wonder if they would have let Tua get away if another team became aggressive on a trade up. This draft would have truly been tragic then.
They might have had all the intel they needed??

Same goes for Ruiz, NO took a damned good C last season why would we think they'd grab another C exactly one pick before us, again unless you were clamoring for a trade up BEFORE NO's pick them you have no ground to stand on.

Ruiz is gonna play guard for them, and they were in the market for some line depth. That team doesn't have a lot of holes, and when a team that good is drafting you should always expect them to go BPA or get line depth.

Ruiz is gonna play guard for them, and they were in the market for some line depth. That team doesn't have a lot of holes, and when a team that good is drafting you should always expect them to go BPA or get line depth.
Got it, so as a rule of thumb, just always jump NO if they're ahead of you

We could've offered what to SF to make them miss the player they had their eyes on? Was heavily reported that they loved Kinlaw, who wouldn't be there at 18. So how much to move them 5 spots? Just take a guess, if a 4th was used to move ONE SPOT.

Dobbins went exactly one pick before us, to a team who most certainly didn't need RB help. Unless you were clamoring for the trade before Balts pick then you can save all that whining.

Conversely how do you know Kinlaw is gone? If everyone keeps telling me that I don't know what Miami wants how in the Hell do you know what another team wants?

Dobbins was rated way higher than 56, at some point 56 and a ham sandwich could have gotten a deal done.

Ruiz? I can't argue that different set of circumstances than the RB situation.

Do you or any other poster know what revisionist history is? I don't think so. When we were in the moment a **** ton of people were wanting the very moves that are being discussed but Grier literally sat there with his finger up his ass not being proactive. I guess "thinking" things should fall his way.

Now again I can't read minds but guys like Wirfs, Ruiz, Dobbins are viewed as difference makers, plug and play possible All Pro potential but we are content to go with potential. Jackson over Wirfs, Hunt over Ruiz and Brieda over Dobbins. What it shapes up as with the leftovers I guess. Brieda was a consolation for whiffing on Dobbins, I have seen Brieda and I would take my chances with Dobbins.

I don't see a right or wrong if different approaches work out but I sure as Hell like what I am talking about better.

Back
Top Bottom