Dolphins Have Interest In Dwayne Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Interest In Dwayne Allen

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm told that the #Ravens, #Bills, #Dolphins & #Lions have preliminary interest in meeting with street free agent TE Dwayne Allen, who played last season with the #patriots, per source. Allen officially was listed on the league's transaction report today. #AndWereOff
-Josina Anderson ESPN

I thought he was gonna be a beast coming out of college never really planned out, but good blocker depth type signing

I can see us getting a veteran TE and not drafting another TE this year as that room is already very young so it'd make more sense to add a vet.

113 yards the last 2 years...don't we have some guys that can already do that?

He’s basically a 6th blocker, whose really good in pass pro, we don’t have anyone quite like that, also could play some fullback for us, something we haven’t used here in a few years but I have a feeling we will see more of. He’s the kind of glue guy that just helps the offense work better that people take for granted

He’s basically a 6th blocker, whose really good in pass pro, we don’t have anyone quite like that, also could play some fullback for us, something we haven’t used here in a few years but I have a feeling we will see more of. He’s the kind of glue guy that just helps the offense work better that people take for granted
Actually Durham Smythe played that role a little last season so did O’leary I believe.

Durham Smythe wasn’t a dominant blocker by any means, better than Gesicki but not dominant, O’leary Was the best of the 3 but I still think Dwayne Allen would be an upgrade. O’Leary, Allen, Smythe, and Gesicki could be the 4 we go into the season with though and that’d be an improved Te group from what we had last year

We literally just drafted a blocking TE last year.

Why bother with signing Allen when we are not evening trying at qb position this year according to that article by Jackson.

Major surgery on both hips pretty much robbed him of any play making ability years ago

Loved him coming out of Clemson, Haven’t seen him make a play since, injuries must of took his abiiity to run, he was so smooth and natural..

If we are going to sign a TE for their blocking bring in Nick Boyle younger, fewer injuries and better recent production

Back
Top Bottom