Dolphins Have Interest In Dwayne Allen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Interest In Dwayne Allen

NOT a good sign. I hate when coaches sign players from their former team just because they are comfortable with them or have a friendship with them. This signing makes no sense for a rebuilding team.

The Patriots saved some money by letting Allen go. Assuming he can stay healthy, and he hasn't missed many games lately, but signing aging players to the OL has not seemed to work for us. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Dwayne Allen is currently projected as the team's No. 2 tight end behind Rob Gronkowski, and what makes Allen part of the roster-cut conversation is his $4.5 million base salary and $5 million cap charge. The question is whether that's too high for the Patriots for his projected role, which is primarily as a blocking tight end. I could envision a scenario in which the team approaches Allen about a possible reduction, and if they couldn't reach an agreement, perhaps they would move on. At the same time, it wouldn't shock me if Allen remained on the roster at his current salary because he is a strong locker room presence, hard worker and dominant blocker.

This guarantees we have at least one TE who can block. Allen and Smythe can be our short yardage/ goal line package. On another subject, I really think we should keep Gore. He's part of what makes us a physical team and we lack guys like that. I wasn't at all excited about Allen but I hope our new coaches are making smart decisions. We're a terrible short yardage team, maybe Allen helps that.

Back
Top Bottom