Dolphins have signed quarterback Jake Rudock to a futures contract. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have signed quarterback Jake Rudock to a futures contract.

WE dont know anything about Rosen.
Maybe the coaches love him, and are grooming him for the future!?

True, I do think they like him- that’s why they paid that premium to keep him on the PS.

Way I see it at this point it’s just about options... nothing is certain... a camp arm worst case scenario.
Having a qb that can perform in the preseason and knows the entire playbook is a big deal for the back half of the roster. Will really help out the skill position players.

Read some positive things about Jake in camp, and he played very well in the preseason. Perhaps he's viewed as a potential backup to our future QB going forward once Fitz retires. Rosen out.

If futures contracts are guaranteed in the slightest then I agree 100% that Rosen is gone, one way or another

Futures contract impacts Rosen in basically no way. Who knows on Rosen it seems like a horrible trade in retrospect but solid risk at the time although I think we could have had him for a third

What do you think they can get?

He's costing us virtually nothing, so there is no reason to do anything until after preseason.

He cost us the 62nd pick in the draft that's not virtually nothing.
This argument that we dropped in the draft and made this trade so it cost us nothing makes no sense especially since there were other good players we could have taken at that spot.
Let's just say for the sake of argument we decided not to take DK Metcalf and traded the pick that could have landed him or some meaningful player we still throw away a second-round draft pick.
We could have just used the pick and drafted a productive player, so I do not agree we gave up nothing, we still gave up a late second-round pick.

Super Bowl baby. I can see it now.

He cost us the 62nd pick in the draft that's not virtually nothing.
This argument that we dropped in the draft and made this trade so it cost us nothing makes no sense especially since there were other good players we could have taken at that spot.
Let's just say for the sake of argument we decided not to take DK Metcalf and traded the pick that could have landed him or some meaningful player we still throw away a second-round draft pick.
We could have just used the pick and drafted a productive player, so I do not agree we gave up nothing, we still gave up a late second-round pick.
I understand what you are saying, but that's water under the bridge. You can't change the past. Cutting him doesn't get the pick back.

I understand what you are saying, but that's water under the bridge. You can't change the past. Cutting him doesn't get the pick back.
I don't have gay cutting it all we invested a second round pick in him we should try to develop him. it's disgraceful what a team like Tennessee can make tannehill look like a pretty damn good quarterback but our staff cannot.

I don't have gay cutting it all we invested a second round pick in him we should try to develop him. it's disgraceful what a team like Tennessee can make tannehill look like a pretty damn good quarterback but our staff cannot.
Our "staff" has been here less than a calender year.

I understand that we haven't been very successful since the turn of the century, and we very well may be disappointed again.

Our coaching choices have been poor, going back to Satan. Our organizational hierarchy has been convoluted. Both of those situations have contributed to the fact that there was, IMO, no legitimate plan beyond a 1 season, stopgap approach.

I've said before, RT was/is a competant NFL starter. Above average in some respects even, but his time here had run it's course. Bringing in a new coach, with a new philosophy, and with a ground up rebuild, it was time to part ways. It was best for both parties.

I guess you can point to things you don't like about Flores, or the specific decisions he and Grier have made, but for me, I have confidence going forward. I like the progress we made this season, and I'm not going to blame the past 20 years on this regime.

Last edited:
Rudock signing at the moment means very little to Rosen.
We will go into camp with at least 3, most likely more QB's ie a draft pick or two or a RFA.
No different to say the OL 12 or more yet only 7/8 will make the team.
So on QB's it will be a case of the best men win. Be surprised if Jake beats out Fitz/Rosen or a high draft pick. Most likely end up back on the PS for the 2020 season.

Agreed...Damn glad I grew up in an era when teams pick a QB and he may not start for at least a year, maybe 2, to transition into the pro game. Crazy that the Packers didn't dump that Rodgers kid when he couldn't unseat the starter after his second year.
People need to understand that not every 1st round QB can start as a rookie, light up the league, and win multiple super bowls like Marino did! ;)

Rudock signing at the moment means very little to Rosen.
We will go into camp with at least 3, most likely more QB's ie a draft pick or two or a RFA.
No different to say the OL 12 or more yet only 7/8 will make the team.
So on QB's it will be a case of the best men win. Be surprised if Jake beats out Fitz/Rosen or a high draft pick. Most likely end up back on the PS for the 2020 season.
Ruddock knows the system very well. It's important to have a guy like that in camp.

His physical limitations likely prohibit him from being an NFL level starter, but he has value.

Jake Rudock was also signed to a futures contract in Jan 2019, then after preseason he was cut and signed to the PS. It doesn't mean **** other than to guarantee he's around for camp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom