"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview

The Bucs have won 2 World Championships since the Phish were relevant. Anybody who thinks the Buc's are trash, is a fool.

Miami is a young team with talent at most of the skill positions with multiple picks in 2023 and decent cap space. Is the QB position the one glaring difference, yes it is but also Tom Brady is one injury away from retirement at this point and regardless of TB12 or not Father Time spares none. Of course you can argue any player is one injury away from retirement but not all players are 44.

Bucs need win now...let future play out later..they have good chance too go back too SB.. you can find Mayfield or jimmy g type qb to keep team above water until....u find. Better qb...

"The Bucs are a terrible long term job. Once Brady retires they are back to obscurity and irrelevance."
My interpretation...
It is a terrible long term job. Their success hangs on how long a 45 year old QB can stay healthy and when he will retire. That's a given.

I have a friend who is an avid Buc's fan and sends me articles from Joe Buck Forum. I have included the link below which their fan comments about the Fins are interesting.

"Joe would have ignored this if it didn’t come from a guy who seemingly loves Tom Brady like he’s one of his own children.
And, of course, there’s the intrigue of Brady allegedly wanting to bolt the Bucs four months ago to help run the Miami Dolphins and own a piece of the franchise.
Charlie Weis was Brady’s first offensive guru with the Patriots, and he remains a friend of Brady and affectionately calls him “Tommy” regularly while hosting on SiriusXM NFL Radio. Brady even agreed to join Weis on the air, which Brady only does when he loves the host or is trying to sell something, and Brady didn’t pitch anything during the interview. Joe knows Bucs fans like to blast Weis as incompetent, but he was anything but in the NFL. He coached quarterbacks Matt Cassell (Chiefs) and Vinny Testaverde (Jets) to Pro Bowl seasons, in addition to young Brady.

Yesterday Weis was asked which first-year NFL head coach has the job Weis would choose if given the opportunity. Joe nearly knocked over a tray of Hooters wings when Weis said he’d take the Dolphins gig over the Bucs’. “I would take the Dolphins. Their defense was pretty solid last year. You know, I like their running back committee that they have right now. I’m confident that Tua can run this ship. I think that they’re dynamic at the wide receiver position, and a lot of little passes can go a long way.”

Weis acknowledged the Dolphins have a tough road in the AFC East and in their conference, but he remained confident that Miami is a better long term job than Tampa or anywhere else.

Joe thinks/hopes Weis has lost his mind."

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2022/06/...lphins-head-coaching-job-is-better-than-bucs/

- Enjoy
That's interesting. I've seen a few ratings for the 1st year coach situations around and Miami is generally in the top half or so, but I always felt it was arguably the best when you consider the talent on board and future capital. I always wondered if I was just being a bit of a homer. It's nice to hear the same from Weiss as he's an offensive mind I always respected. I think much of it may come down to what you think of Tua. I'm with Weiss in that, "I'm confident he can run this ship".

The Bucs have won 2 World Championships since the Phish were relevant. Anybody who thinks the Buc's are trash, is a fool.
Nobody’s saying they’re trash, but even with that roster they were not a super bowl caliber team before Brady came to town.

That is a dumb statement to make, if Brady retires and Buccaneers find a franchise quarterback, Buccaneers will be good again

If any team finds a franchise QB they will be good. That isn't an easy thing to do. That was a dumb statement because the odds favor my side.

Yeah I mean the bucs are completely dependent on Brady. If he calls it quits next year, that team will implode. Even with Brady they face a bigger uphill battle that previous years with no Gronk, no brown and Chris Godwin probably misses a solid chunk of the season considering he got hurt week 15. Even if he is ready he’ll take some time to catch up to speed. That leaves Mike Evans and a solid run game.

Back
Top Bottom