"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview

Dolphins were the winningest franchise in pro sports at one point. Miami still holds the #7th best winning percentage in the NFL. Guess who's last despite their SB run last year? The Buccs.

Dolphins were the winningest franchise in pro sports at one point. Miami still holds the #7th best winning percentage in the NFL. Guess who's last despite their SB run last year? The Buccs.
Is that your basis for judging which job is better at this point in time?

Is that your basis for judging which job is better at this point in time?
It is but one criterion. You kinda toss chips on a scale and watch it tilt. I'm tossing a chip.

It is but one criterion. You kinda toss chips on a scale and watch it tilt. I'm tossing a chip.
I suppose not everyone sees it the same, but the chip of whichever team is better set up for success at the time would outweigh the rest.

It doesn't matter what the team's history is. You will be gone as HC and labeled a failure if you don't field a winning team.

I suppose not everyone sees it the same, but the chip of whichever team is better set up for success at the time would outweigh the rest.

It doesn't matter what the team's history is. You will be gone as HC and labeled a failure if you don't field a winning team.

Coaches pick their jobs based on multiple criteria the same as players do. Since Tampa and Miami are both in the same state many of those are even but you can't pretend those other criteria don't matter. Prestige matters.

Miami is also currently better set up to succeed long term. The Buccs might still be better this upcoming season though.

Coaches pick their jobs based on multiple criteria the same as players do. Since Tampa and Miami are both in the same state many of those are even but you can't pretend those other criteria don't matter. Prestige matters.

Miami is also currently better set up to succeed long term. The Buccs might still be better this upcoming season though.
I agree, prestige matters… back up until a certain point in time.

Been over 20 years since we were last serious competitors in the playoffs.

Nobody outside of Miami really cares about the Dolphins’ historic success anymore, let’s be honest here.

I agree, prestige matters… back up until a certain point in time.

Been over 20 years since we were last serious competitors in the playoffs.

Nobody outside of Miami really cares about the Dolphins’ historic success anymore, let’s be honest here.
There are several here who do not seem to understand that. No big deal really, as they are hard core supporters of their team. The "glory days" are part of the beloved Fins mystique to them. It isn't the reality of the situation though.

I really doubt any perspective coach is going to give any weight whatsoever to the "prestige" of coaching for the Dolphins.

Safe to say the big question with the Bucs this year is Todd Bowles.

Safe to say the big question with the Bucs this year is Todd Bowles.
Meh..... He's more than competent on the defensive side of the ball, and smart enough not to screw around with Brady and the offense.

Back
Top Bottom