Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalDolFan10x14

Your QB for the next 10 years.
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins are monitoring Hurricane Irma, which is projected to grow into a category 4 storm and could threaten South Florida ahead of Sunday’s season opener against Tampa Bay at Hard Rock Stadium.

As of now there are no plans to delay or move the game. But if South Florida is threatened by the storm it’s worth noting the Dolphins and Buccaneers have the same bye week, Nov. 19.

Last season Hurricane Matthew posed a threat to the Oct. 9 game against Tennessee at Hard Rock Stadium. The storm eventually curved away from South Florida and hit northeast Florida. The Tennessee game, a 30-17 loss that dropped the Dolphins to 1-4, was played with no weather-related issues.

But even as late as Wednesday of that week, four days prior to the game, the Dolphins said they hadn’t yet discussed plans to move the game.
Looks like there's another monster hurricane buzzing out there in the Atlantic ocean. Her name is Irma and she possibly has her eyes set on Florida next weekend. This would obviously have big time implications with our opener next Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-hurricane-irma-20170903-story.html

at201711_model.gif

at201711_5day.gif

Obviously a lot can change with the forecast between now and next weekend, but man I hope we don't have to wait another week for Miami Dolphins football!!! Most importantly, though, we need to hope this thing curves out to sea and doesn't affect ANYONE. Don't need another catastrophe on our hands!

Wow talk about luck having them with the same bye week. Except then Miami wouldn't have a week during the season to get healthy, which is another downside of them playing during the supposed bye week.

I wonder if Miami would decide to play up in Tampa in week 1 if the teams agreed to some type of monetary value (bonus points if it goes toward the cap). However if Miami did that, they'd then have 6 home games (since one is being played overseas, as well).

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-hurricane-irma-20170903-story.html

at201711_model.gif

at201711_5day.gif

Obviously a lot can change with the forecast between now and next weekend, but man I hope we don't have to wait another week for Miami Dolphins football!!! Most importantly, though, we need to hope this thing curves out to sea and doesn't affect ANYONE. Don't need another catastrophe on our hands!

Latest turn has it South Florida bound. Good for us, because the models before that has it taking Matthew's path and we didn't need that again, but real bad for down there.

That projected path is not looking good. Hope for all our fellow fans down there this thing starts tracking north and stays out to sea...not looking likely though.

Hopefully it stays out to sea... Stay safe and alert everyone.

Way more concerned about the Hurricane over the plan for game, and you know Im a huge fan of the team.

If they move it to Friday dont expect people to show up- I think Tampa is out also as an option for a variety of reasons.

I think its most likely moved, even if it turns some- thats not expected till too late in the forecast to plan stuff

I don't see the game being played Sunday

Many years ago Miami had a preseason game scheduled and then a hurricane formed and was expected to hit on the game day. The decision was made to push the game ahead and play it 2 or 3 days earlier in the evening. I thought at the time it was a pretty clever solution and it was done with a minimum of fuss. Maybe they could do something similar if the hurricane continues to look on track to hit around Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom