Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago Miami had a preseason game scheduled and then a hurricane formed and was expected to hit on the game day. The decision was made to push the game ahead and play it 2 or 3 days earlier in the evening. I thought at the time it was a pretty clever solution and it was done with a minimum of fuss. Maybe they could do something similar if the hurricane continues to look on track to hit around Sunday.
They did the same thing with the game against KC in 2005, the game was moved to a Friday night (I remember well because I was coming down for that game and had to cancel my trip- that was the game Marino was supposed to be honored at halftime for his HOF induction).

Way more concerned about the Hurricane over the plan for game, and you know Im a huge fan of the team.

If they move it to Friday dont expect people to show up- I think Tampa is out also as an option for a variety of reasons.

I think its most likely moved, even if it turns some- thats not expected till too late in the forecast to plan stuff

Agreed. The game is not even a consideration for me compared to the fact that this one scares the **** out of me.

Prayers are that we do not have another catastrophe hurricane.

But this is a Dolphins forum, so here are my thoughts about how it affects the Dolphins. The late bye week was the ONLY thing about our schedule that didn't suck. If we lose that, then the league truly does hate us.

Prayers are that we do not have another catastrophe hurricane.

But this is a Dolphins forum, so here are my thoughts about how it affects the Dolphins. The late bye week was the ONLY thing about our schedule that didn't suck. If we lose that, then the league truly does hate us.

Just not many good options. Going to have players with the storm and family on their minds if we play it early- Maybe Thursday might work but Friday I doubt it.

If we share the same bye week then play the game then.

Tropical force storm winds could arrive as early as Friday. The players, coaches, fans, and all families involved need to be getting prepared for the hurricane, not some silly game.

I'm flying from Miami to Milan this Thursday and will be there for a week. I'm going to miss the 1st game one way or another; all I really care about is leaving my gf and family behind if this thing does hit. Really hope it ****s off into the Atlantic.

Hope everyone down here stays safe if it does come thru Miami.

We moved the TN game to a Saturday, and that would most likely be the case here.

Move the game up, or go to a neutral stadium further north... seems logical

We moved the TN game to a Saturday, and that would most likely be the case here.

Not even remotely. No one is going to hold a game the day/night before a hurricane strikes. lol

If they move the game up they have to make a decision by wednesday at the latest. If Irma hits ob Sunday then the game has to be on Friday night I would think. I'd rather do that than to have to play 16 weeks in a row. Of course we're watching this thing as we live in Kissimmee(right next to Disney for those who don't know) and it could affect us too.

Ozzy rules!!

I'll take it that many people are young, do not live in Florida, or have not lived here very long.

No one is playing a game a day or two before a possible category 3-4, or maybe even 5 storm hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom