Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move it up to Thursday.

Can't play it on the bye week, neither team would have a bye and that's terrible.

Moving it up is the best possible scenario.

Move it up to Thursday.

Can't play it on the bye week, neither team would have a bye and that's terrible.

Moving it up is the best possible scenario.

You can't expect anyone to have a real focus on the game hours before it makes landfall. It's going to have to be played week 11.

We better hope they move it up. 16 straight would not be ideal.

Looks like the team is going to now lose two home games this year. Ross gave up two homes games to play in London in order get a Super Bowl in Miami that his team will not be playing in. How many games did Houston give up to get a Super Bowl this year? The answer would be zero. Thanks Ross.

Both the Jags & Falcons are on the road week one. ?

I still see the most likely scenario of having it being played on our matching bye weeks
Is Jacksonville far away enough from the storm? That would be the best situation- 2 Florida teams going to the 3rds stadium - and maybe a place of refuge for a few days for fans (as in the city of Jacksonville)

Atlanta would be nice too though, get us in a dome out of any east coast weather

euro-highprob-sep4.png

These are the European models of Irma posted at 1400. According to the weather underground it has performed the best with regards to Irma. Yuk! Not liking this at all!

P.S. I am hoping it takes that far right path, but the Jet Stream (and the Bermuda high) would have to cooperate for that to happen. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Friday is much too late IMO
I'm not disagreeing but I honestly don't think the NFL cares about that. They just see it as a prime time game on an off night and more ratings. Although if it was Thursday would it be same time slot as NE? Would it be televised nationally?

Is Jacksonville far away enough from the storm? That would be the best situation- 2 Florida teams going to the 3rds stadium - and maybe a place of refuge for a few days for fans (as in the city of Jacksonville)

Atlanta would be nice too though, get us in a dome out of any east coast weather

Whelp, not according to some new models I just viewed. Best decision at this point has to be rescheduling for week 11.

I also can't imagine they are going to displace the players from the homes at the time of the storm.

You can't expect anyone to have a real focus on the game hours before it makes landfall. It's going to have to be played week 11.

Is it making landfall, potentially, on Friday? It looks as if Saturday at some point is a real possibility.

Is Wednesday an absurd time to play? That'd be plenty of time before the storm but it's only 48-54 hours from now.

View attachment 9673

These are the European models of Irma posted at 1400. According to the weather underground it has performed the best with regards to Irma. Yuk! Not liking this at all!

P.S. I am hoping it takes that far right path, but the Jet Stream (and the Bermuda high) would have to cooperate for that to happen. Fingers crossed!

They're all too close for comfort, but oddly enough not one of those forecast tracks has it hitting Dade or Broward County.

Is it making landfall, potentially, on Friday? It looks as if Saturday at some point is a real possibility.

Is Wednesday an absurd time to play? That'd be plenty of time before the storm but it's only 48-54 hours from now.

By Friday there's a good chance South Florida will be expecting tropical storm force winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom