Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all too close for comfort, but oddly enough not one of those forecast tracks has it hitting Dade or Broward County.

A high category hurricane doesn't need to a direct hit to cause heavy destruction and flooding. If it runs up the coast that's enough reason to cancel. Not to mention these are merely predictions and they can't be counted on.

We have become so soft. I remember the game against the Steelers in 04 (Rothlisberger's first start). I believe it was Jeanne who hit just about 100 miles or so to the north that day. The game was only pushed to a 8:30pm start and was played under torrential rain and TS force winds. And we didn't have a roof either. :p
On the heels of Frances, no electricity, major hurricane landfall - and football.

We have become so soft. I remember the game against the Steelers in 04 (Rothlisberger's first start). I believe it was Jeanne who hit just about 100 miles or so to the north that day. The game was only pushed to a 8:30pm start and was played under torrential rain and TS force winds. And we didn't have a roof either. :p
On the heels of Frances, no electricity, major hurricane landfall - and football.

Hopefully we've become more aware and intelligent and leave the toxicity of masculinity out of it.

A high category hurricane doesn't need to a direct hit to cause heavy destruction and flooding. If it runs up the coast that's enough reason to cancel. Not to mention these are merely predictions and they can't be counted on.

i'm aware. broward county resident since 1974. just noting that zero of those particular forecast paths has it making landfall in Dade or Broward.

Completely serious. A silly game holds no merit over people's safety. Where did all this tough guy BS stem from over a ****ing hurricane? It's ridiculous.

**** I should have indicated I totally agree with you if the game isn't moved up but this game should be played Thursday or Friday. Sorry for not clarifying !

I remember having to find a bar that was carrying that game because it was only available to watch in the two local markets- it wasn't carried on Sunday Ticket. Alas, a place maybe a mile away had the hookup, as the owner was somehow able to pull the signal with some type of encryption busting handiwork (I have no idea how he did it). It was raining so hard the entire game, I though the stadium was gonna float away.

Yep. I spent the better part of yesterday getting ready. Bought dry goods & water, testing flashlights and lanterns, making sure the shutters work, etc. etc.

Be safe guys. Losing half a roof to Andrew in 92 and being without power for a week gave me a lot of respect for these storms so take no chances.
The game will be played when it's played.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember them moving a game during the Ricky years to a friday night because of a hurricane. I think it was vs Kansas City.

Watching the weather channel and as of right now Irma(la dulce) is moving WSW and the tracking has it hitting Cube directly from the east of course. Once it's done there then who knows. I'm sure once it goes out to sea it can get strong again. It looks as it would hit Florida directly from the south and go up the whole state. If that's the case it should be pretty weak by the time it gets up here to the Kissimmee/Orlando area but we'd get a lot of rain

Ozzy rules!!

Could be some advantages to having a week off. The team could sign someone like Boone and get him ready to play. Also, could mean one less game missed for Larsen and a chance for Malamua (sp) to get ready as well.

Funny thing is there was a time when nobody had a bye week and then there was a time when at least one team had their bye on week one and at least one team had it on the last week of the year. It's hard to wait this long for football and then this happens. We would be opening with 3 games on the road before we play a real home game

Ozzy rules!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom