Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disagreeing but I honestly don't think the NFL cares about that. They just see it as a prime time game on an off night and more ratings. Although if it was Thursday would it be same time slot as NE? Would it be televised nationally?
In the past when a game has been moved outside of its Sunday afternoon time slot to Friday or Saturday the game was not broadcast nationally even if you had the Sunday ticket. The NFL does not want to conflict with H.S and College games. Given this hasn't happened for several years and the league seems to be more greedy, they may use it for a cash grab.

Comments in these old articles when prior games were moved stating they would only be in local broadcast markets.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2198438
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1877994

Times have surely changed. I remember going to Lollapalooza in 92 the DAY before Andrew hit. There must have been over 50k people going nuts in downtown Miami. That concert would have been cancelled days before the event if the scenario came up today. I'm of the mindset that safety always comes first.. then again I would have missed the best concert of my generation.

Looks like the team is going to now lose two home games this year. Ross gave up two homes games to play in London in order get a Super Bowl in Miami that his team will not be playing in. How many games did Houston give up to get a Super Bowl this year? The answer would be zero. Thanks Ross.
Did you thank Ross for the amazing new venue that will rival any stadium in the NFL? Are you also blaming him for the hurricane? Irrational hatred is a bad look.

And how do you know the team won't be playing in the Super Bowl when Miami hosts it? Do you have a crystal ball?

I think the game will be played the bye week, in palm beach county and martin county lines are forming to get gas, water is already off the shelves and people are beginning to board up. I don't think many up here would venture down to the game, the track is too iffy. who know when the tropical force winds will begin.

Could be some advantages to having a week off. The team could sign someone like Boone and get him ready to play. Also, could mean one less game missed for Larsen and a chance for Malamua (sp) to get ready as well.

**** that. They wouldn't have a bye all season. They'd also start the year on the road until Week 5.

**** that. They wouldn't have a bye all season. They'd also start the year on the road until Week 5.
Man, that road situation would be tough. Just trying to find some positives there. Sounds like the bye week isn't an option as of now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember them moving a game during the Ricky years to a friday night because of a hurricane. I think it was vs Kansas City.
You are correct. Gus Frerotte was the starter.

I hope Thursday.

Yep, even if you have to share the spotlight with the Pats or move it to the afternoon. Thursday would be the ideal situation IMO. Not having a bye week later in the season would hurt us big time.

If they do move the game then thursday makes the most sense. Irma might be hitting Cuba not untill Saturday so if it turn this way after that, it'd not hit Florida till at least Sunday so if they play Thursday night the players would have plenty of time to do what they need to do after the game. Also, it'd give the team 10 days before they play in LA so it could help us with that too.

Ozzy rules!!

I have a feeling they choose Friday. Don't wanna upstage the darling pats. This shouldn't be about ratings but it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom