Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never fly Delta again.
- don't understand how this kind of price-gouging is any less reprehensible- or more legal than the bodega $5 loafs of bread or gas station's $10/gal. Matter of fact it's worse considering a "6X" multiple.

I keep seeing these memes that Harvey is the worst hurricane in recorded history. I think what these 20 year olds mean is it is the worst in their waking memory - and that was only because it camped over Houston and dumped a ton of rain.

As a species, we are better prepared to deal with hurricanes than ever. We have better construction, materials, and building codes. We know they are coming. We have the infrastructure to deal with them before, during and after they hit.

Look at the history of hurricanes in Florida and truly appreciate how "lucky" we are to go through this at this point in time. Before the 50s, hundreds and thousands of people died when storms hit. http://pparker.org/hurricanes/hurricane_history.htm

Be safe y'all. Bug out if it is going to hit you directly and it sustains it's winds.

Side note: my sister in law has been trying to book hotel rooms as far north as Atlanta and she can't find anything.

I live in the WPB area and I'm pretty confused what to do. Normally, I would lock everything up a few days ahead and head over to Naples or St Pete and have a little vacation and then drive back after things have settled down. However, the sheer size of Irma and the fact that some recent projected models have it heading up the middle of Florida mean that nowhere is safe. I know that any decision needs to be made soon and I don't want to stick around if there is a direct hit in WPB - I went through the experience 10 or so years ago and it was pretty scary, hoping that the roof will not get blown off. Welcome feedback.

No one in Florida is sure of the best possible action as of right now. Besides just leaving the state there isn't a sure fire answer at the moment.

Speaking of the West Coast, my brother and his family were supposed to leave this morning for our place in Jax, but he has currently decided to wait and see b/c now it seems that there are strong predictions for the East Coast of FL.

I think the best that we all can do is survey this thread for another day or so and then react to the strongest predictions at that point.

No one in Florida is sure of the best possible action as of right now. Besides just leaving the state there isn't a sure fire answer at the moment.

Speaking of the West Coast, my brother and his family were supposed to leave this morning for our place in Jax, but he has currently decided to wait and see b/c now it seems that there are strong predictions for the East Coast of FL.

I think the best that we all can do is survey this thread for another day or so and then react to the strongest predictions at that point.

Leaving the state and heading up the gulf or up I-95 could ironically put you in the eye of the storm due to its capricious nature and considering it's Ohio sized 300 miles across. IMO, there are no viable auto options and airflights are booked and being price gouged. Maybe a train up to DC, but then again, how safe is that???

Leaving the state and heading up the gulf or up I-95 could ironically put you in the eye of the storm due to its capricious nature and considering it's Ohio sized 300 miles across. IMO, there are no viable auto options and airflights are booked and being price gouged. Maybe a train up to DC, but then again, how safe is that???

Crazy enough, you can tack on another 100 miles there. It's 400 x 400

9-5-final-irma-wide.jpg

So I guess it's now "who cares about South Carolina"

Ha ha figures.

Starting to think this things gonna impact me in virginia

I said 'into the ocean' Hoops - best case scenario for everyone. Spin out that way and die.

The NFL just screwed both the Bucs and Dolphins...gonna be a slobberknocker of a season for both teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom