Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle

His feet are good enough to possibly play RT, but I am not sure I see him protecting Tua's blindside.

Maybe he ends up at LT and Jackson at RT in a year.

I will say that a right side of Kindley and Hunt is a lot of beef.

Are there any RT in the league with that body type? Looks more like a G to me

He’s played both RT and LT in college as well as RG. Figured he was going to be Tua’s blindside tackle when they drafted him. Kids got a high motor and is a mauler.

Hunt is a mauler against little teams

I mean he had no missed blocks in his last 300 rushing attempts and allowed a quarterback pressure one out of every 100 Pass Plays over the last two seasons.

Yes he came from a small school but those are crazy dominant numbers, so while there is a transition like there is for all rookies I don’t necessarily think he’s going to be hugely handicapped because of his level of competition.

The only knocks you hear about him or some technique flaws nothing about getting beat by speed guys are having insufficient lateral movement or solely relying on power or one particular characteristic. he’s pretty well-rounded and with the situation this year it is the time to let those guys take lumps and by week seven or eight I could probably see a number of the guys along the line start rounding into form

Back
Top Bottom