Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle

Hunt is a mauler against little teams
So the implication in your comment is that the Dolphins wasted this draft pick. Geeze, Larry Little from Bethune-Cookman, or more recently, Jason Taylor at Akron. Both HoFers. You do know them right? Or maybe when these Hall of Famers were drafted- Charlie Joyner from Grambling, or maybe Sweetness at Jackson State...or how about the greatest receiver to ever put on a uni. You need more examples that small schools do pretty good job? I hope this guy turns into a monster...and I trust and believe the men that are out there putting this team together, not someone pushing letters on a keyboard!!

He will play at either tackle spot for a few seasons then move to guard.

Exactly, I don't think our Pass protection is going to be much worse then last year ( how can it) What i think should improve SIGNIFICANTLY is our Running game Jackson, Kindley, Hunt are some Big Hoss Offensive Linemen who should open up lanes and running room for our HB's..

I'm tired of all these weak but agile Olinemen we always draft, I Love how damn massive our Linemen are on paper this year all about 320+ pounds.. I don't want to hear zone blocking,Finesse running,or Agile.. I just want to hear Destroy the man in front,road graders and plow the road.

There will be holes for the running backs this year I do not question that

It’s funny to me that people act like playing Robert Hunt at Tackle is a crazy idea?

He played his entire junior Season at left tackle...and all his senior year was at right tackle.

He only played guard his freshman and part of his sophomore year.

I watched the tape of His game versus Mississippi State ...the only SEC team on their schedule...He moves very well and is a finisher!

Trying him at RT makes all the sense in the world. You know the guy can play guard so might as well find out if he can play RT. The ideal would be for him to be the RT with Kindley at RG like the article says. Davis would be a great swing tackle who can even play guard if need be.

Back
Top Bottom