Dolphins Loading Up for Super Bowl Run- CBS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Loading Up for Super Bowl Run- CBS

who you at least agree that in order to make it to the SB chances are very high we'll have to beat at least two of the 3 teams(KC,BUFF,CINCY)in the playoffs?
Sure and I like our chances... Provided Tua doesn't miss too many games and none in the playoffs...

It is all up to Tua and his availability now.

He plays every game and they are a very real SB contender.
Its really as simple as that... Fins didn't need to get WAY better on offense, they had to become at least mediocre on D, which I think they did and went far and beyond actually.

I'm 31 and this is the first time in my life I ever felt like we had a real chance. Ramsey isn't just some Pro Bowl player, he's a future HOF player. We had something cooking last year before the injuries happened and had they not happen, who knows how far we could have went. Adding Ramsey and Vic Fangio to that? Woah...taking a 2022 Eagles-esque jump is a very real possibility.

I'm 31 and this is the first time in my life I ever felt like we had a real chance. Ramsey isn't just some Pro Bowl player, he's a future HOF player. We had something cooking last year before the injuries happened and had they not happen, who knows how far we could have went. Adding Ramsey and Vic Fangio to that? Woah...taking a 2022 Eagles-esque jump is a very real possibility.
I think we had a chance last season, this upcoming year will be our best roster in 20+ years with the exception of the Oline.

We have 2 solid Olinemen in Hunt and Williams, one probowler who can't stay healthy in Armstead and 2 absolute season wreckers in Liam and AJ.

KC and Cin got better this offseason simply because they solidified their Oline. Miami got worse bc we lost Shell. I dont know how we can fix this at this point but we have no real shot at a title with the oline the way it is. I refuse to get my hopes up until we do something about the oline.

All it comes down to is if Tua can stay healthy. Heading into that Bengals game, we were one of the nfl favorites. Our secondary got dramatically better, we should be better at LB, Chubb better play better, we have a much better d coordinator or so I've been told and we didn't lose any ground elsewhere. I like our chances.

I think we had a chance last season, this upcoming year will be our best roster in 20+ years with the exception of the Oline.

We have 2 solid Olinemen in Hunt and Williams, one probowler who can't stay healthy in Armstead and 2 absolute season wreckers in Liam and AJ.

KC and Cin got better this offseason simply because they solidified their Oline. Miami got worse bc we lost Shell. I dont know how we can fix this at this point but we have no real shot at a title with the oline the way it is. I refuse to get my hopes up until we do something about the oline
The Oline point I agree with you on.

If Tua goes down, so will our chances.

As much as I like Coach and to a lesser degree Grier, if all efforts are not in the works to address this, they should be fired for negligence.

I think they know what is at stake and will surprise us sooner or later.

KC and Cin got better this offseason simply because they solidified their Oline. Miami got worse bc we lost Shell. I dont know how we can fix this at this point but we have no real shot at a title with the oline the way it is. I refuse to get my hopes up until we do something about the oline.
3 solid players on the Oline is good enough, even with Eichenberg and Jackson. They're both young too so one of them might surprise still. Every Oline in the league has at least one "hole" too.

I get your worry about Armstead, but he's a stud and will battle through the injuries. Injuries are just part of the game (and yes, I realize he has a history).

Assuming everyone is healthy for the majority of games and the playoffs, on paper we could field a possible Top 12 Oline. With the rest of our roster, a Top 12 Oline will do just fine.

All it comes down to is if Tua can stay healthy. Heading into that Bengals game, we were one of the nfl favorites. Our secondary got dramatically better, we should be better at LB, Chubb better play better, we have a much better d coordinator or so I've been told and we didn't lose any ground elsewhere. I like our chances.
Defense is great but last year the leagues #1 defense wasn't enough to beat Mahomes in the Super Bowl. That's the way the league has moved. It's an offensive league and we have spent all offseason neglecting the offense. Except adding Mike White lol.

No matter how many great defenders we add, neglecting the oline results in a failure of the offseason.

We can't let Tua get hit, that was obvious last year, without Tua were not a good football team, plain and simple.

If Tua gets hurt next year we might see the end of Grier after next season and to be honest, allowing our oline to remain awful for so many years is a fireable offense.

My biggest worry is they are in year 1 of a new D. It'll take a couple of games to get right, so don't go crazy if they start out a little slow.

3 solid players on the Oline is good enough, even with Eichenberg and Jackson. They're both young too so one of them might surprise still. Every Oline in the league has at least one "hole" too.

I get your worry about Armstead, but he's a stud and will battle through the injuries. Injuries are just part of the game (and yes, I realize he has a history).

Assuming everyone is healthy for the majority of games and the playoffs, on paper we could field a possible Top 12 Oline. With the rest of our roster, a Top 12 Oline will do just fine.
Last year the Eagles had the #1 oline and the Chiefs had the #4. I dont know if #12 is good enough honestly.

Last year the Eagles had the #1 oline and the Chiefs had the #4. I dont know if #12 is good enough honestly.
The Bengals the year before that had a bottom 5 Oline and they made the Super Bowl. Yes, it was ultimately their downfall in the Super Bowl, but that line was BAD. A top 12 line is certainly good enough to contend.

Back
Top Bottom