Dolphins Loading Up for Super Bowl Run- CBS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Loading Up for Super Bowl Run- CBS

Defense is great but last year the leagues #1 defense wasn't enough to beat Mahomes in the Super Bowl. That's the way the league has moved. It's an offensive league and we have spent all offseason neglecting the offense. Except adding Mike White lol.

No matter how many great defenders we add, neglecting the oline results in a failure of the offseason.

We can't let Tua get hit, that was obvious last year, without Tua were not a good football team, plain and simple.

If Tua gets hurt next year we might see the end of Grier after next season and to be honest, allowing our oline to remain awful for so many years is a fireable offense.
Every qb gets hit. Sure you can surround him with a better line to reduce the number of hits he takes hoping we can win in a shootout b/c our defense is getting lit up Mahomes. But at the end of the day, if Tua is susceptible to concussions and last year wasn't just some freak anomaly, we're screwed anyway.

If they can keep their key players on the field and the offensive line can play at least average next season. The Dolphins are as talented as any of the better teams in the NFL.
Easily. There's not a team in the NFL I fear now, including the Chiefs. We have the studs to run with anyone.

The Bengals the year before that had a bottom 5 Oline and they made the Super Bowl. Yes, it was ultimately their downfall in the Super Bowl, but that line was BAD. A top 12 line is certainly good enough to contend.
I hear you, but the goal should be to win it all.

When you look at KC, they have let almost all of their WRs leave and havnt replaced any of them, but they did give a Tackle 80 million dollars.

If Tua is a top 5 QB, like his stats say he is from last year. The most important thing should be the oline. I just don't understand how we continue to have the same problem with the oline over and over and over again. It's insanity.

Every qb gets hit. Sure you can surround him with a better line to reduce the number of hits he takes hoping we can win in a shootout b/c our defense is getting lit up Mahomes. But at the end of the day, if Tua is susceptible to concussions and last year wasn't just some freak anomaly, we're screwed anyway.
Well yea, Tuas injury history is a rabbit hole I dont wanna go back down today.

I’d agree but I’d like one more big move whether that’s trading for Henry or solidifying the oline.

Last edited:
I'm 31 and this is the first time in my life I ever felt like we had a real chance. Ramsey isn't just some Pro Bowl player, he's a future HOF player. We had something cooking last year before the injuries happened and had they not happen, who knows how far we could have went. Adding Ramsey and Vic Fangio to that? Woah...taking a 2022 Eagles-esque jump is a very real possibility.
Welcome to the feeling we had all through the 90s. I'm confident though the outcome this time will be different.

Absolutely.

Miami has an MVP caller QB..

Brought in a defensive genius to go with our offensive genius HC.

Key additions to our defense.

As stated above Miami should have better luck with injuries. Last year was ridiculous.

All I'm saying is Miami was considered a LEGIT contender by most analysts experts etc by week 10 last year. Then our slump and Tua injury.

If Miami was a contender last year, they only improved their team and should he an even stronger contender next year.

Keep Tua healthy and Miami will have a shot
Exactly. Just on odds alone we should fair better on the injury front....can't say more than that for fears of jinxing it all...
Radio Station Clipboard GIF by JMatt

I hear you, but the goal should be to win it all.

When you look at KC, they have let almost all of their WRs leave and havnt replaced any of them, but they did give a Tackle 80 million dollars.

If Tua is a top 5 QB, like his stats say he is from last year. The most important thing should be the oline. I just don't understand how we continue to have the same problem with the oline over and over and over again. It's insanity.
The Chiefs are in a different situation than us because they paid Mahomes. They can't afford good WRs, even though they probably want them. Also, we too gave $80 million to an OT so it's not like we fell asleep at the wheel. And if you look at the Chiefs Oline, they have a guy named Andrew Wylie at RT who is not very good, yet they're not worried about him. Our line is solid enough and worrying about it IMO is a testament to how good this roster is. It's our only area where we're not "Elite" at so it sticks out, but relative to the rest of the league it's not bad at all.

I think we had a chance last season, this upcoming year will be our best roster in 20+ years with the exception of the Oline.

We have 2 solid Olinemen in Hunt and Williams, one probowler who can't stay healthy in Armstead and 2 absolute season wreckers in Liam and AJ.

KC and Cin got better this offseason simply because they solidified their Oline. Miami got worse bc we lost Shell. I dont know how we can fix this at this point but we have no real shot at a title with the oline the way it is. I refuse to get my hopes up until we do something about the oline.
Who cares about your hopes, if they don't include the team getting to the Super Bowl.

The Oline point I agree with you on.

If Tua goes down, so will our chances.

As much as I like Coach and to a lesser degree Grier, if all efforts are not in the works to address this, they should be fired for negligence.

I think they know what is at stake and will surprise us sooner or later.
Bah Humbug!

Back
Top Bottom